User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I actually thought she has to be an INFJ 4 . I think she's Fe rather than Fi. Usually when I see a strong Fi type, I can identify with them, but I can not indetify much with Misty Day.
    Is it possible what you are not relating to is Ni Se or Se Ni rather than Fe, because I don't see a clear example of Fe in her. If you would kindly explain why you think she is Fe, I will then give my interpretation.

  2. #12
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Misty seems pretty clear-cut Fi to me -- driven by internal values and "following her own muse." Almost to a cliche degree, actually. Free spirit.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Misty seems pretty clear-cut Fi to me -- driven by internal values and "following her own muse." Almost to a cliche degree, actually. Free spirit.
    I thought so too. I actually that might be what makes her seem "crazy" to Polly, that she clearly follows Fi.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Is it possible what you are not relating to is Ni Se or Se Ni rather than Fe, because I don't see a clear example of Fe in her. If you would kindly explain why you think she is Fe, I will then give my interpretation.
    You might be right, that I might not relate to Ni Se or Se Ni... After some thinking I can change my mind and admit she might be an Fi. It was just the way she helped animals and took care of that... I don't know his name now "Tate" seemed a bit Fe to me, but I think she could act based on her inner values.

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    You might be right, that I might not relate to Ni Se or Se Ni... After some thinking I can change my mind and admit she might be an Fi. It was just the way she helped animals and took care of that... I don't know his name now "Tate" seemed a bit Fe to me, but I think she could act based on her inner values.
    Hm ISFPs are stereotyped as having a particular affinity for animals, and there are certainly Fi animal rights activists. I once read an estimation that an ENFP PETA member would be most likely to unthinkingly destroy a total strangers expensive mink by tossing the fake blood. Fi does not give a shit about your mink, it cares about its internal ethics.

    Of course not all Fi types are animal rights activists but I don't think the creed itself is Fi or Fe. I am definitely not Fe (I used to wish I could be so effortlessly appropriate) and I have deep empathy for animals, I can't even watch those SPCA commercials they apparently make to reach less sensitive people.

    Fi versus Fe is not selfish versus helping, it's internally versus externally motivated morality. Fi is the Ti of the feeling world, it probes complex ethics while Fe is more practical and efficient ethical choices, like the feeling version of Te.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Hm ISFPs are stereotyped as having a particular affinity for animals, and there are certainly Fi animal rights activists. I once read an estimation that an ENFP PETA member would be most likely to unthinkingly destroy a total strangers expensive mink by tossing the fake blood. Fi does not give a shit about your mink, it cares about its internal ethics.

    Of course not all Fi types are animal rights activists but I don't think the creed itself is Fi or Fe. I am definitely not Fe (I used to wish I could be so effortlessly appropriate) and I have deep empathy for animals, I can't even watch those SPCA commercials they apparently make to reach less sensitive people.

    Fi versus Fe is not selfish versus helping, it's internally versus externally motivated morality. Fi is the Ti of the feeling world, it probes complex ethics while Fe is more practical and efficient ethical choices, like the feeling version of Te.
    I know Fi is about internal ethics and Fe is about external ethics... Though Jung never connected helping others and self-sacrificing with Fe, I correlated it because I am Fi and I am far from being helping, or self-sacrificing so I just always tought it is more a sign of Fe, than Fi, but I guess it depends on the individual. But if I were in the situation like she was, I think I'd do the same thing and try to help the animals, as I also has an empathy for animals...I am a vegetarian and I am deeply against any cruelity committed on the animals and I really think people should help these creatures rather then use them for personal benefits and it is really cruel just to eat meat, or use leather, or kill any creature for so meaningless things. Also I said that Misty seems out of her mind not because Fi or Fe, or any other functions...I said it, because I believe she is out of her mind. The way she didn't want to give up on caring about "Tate" (What is his name in this story? ) was just a silent scream how lonely she feels... Her own family has tried to kill her and none understood her abbilities. She was rejected and left alone by the most cruel way... And you just can see how the loneliness and misunderstanding slowly turns her...I really believe she will turn out as a negative character latter. Oh! And the mink? Why would anyone do that? If the person paid a lot of money for it why would anyone destroy it? The true thing people should give a fuk about is... why is someone an animal right acitivist when he hurts and don't respect the right of PEOPLE? It doesn't make any sense... Everyone is equal and everyone has the right to have their own opinion and own things...I would never do anything that would hurt anyone in any way...not people and not animals. If someone has the respect and the empathy for animlas he has to have the same respect and empathy for people. Though people can be shit sometimes more than animals...it's sad sometimes...

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    ^^^^

    Some people think animals deserve more value than people. Honestly, this is extremely subjective, and not a feature of Fi, but I only think Fi types have it...who subjectively places animals above others, because others are mean or unpredictable? Fi. I can't fathom Fe even at low health putting animals above people.

    I have done it before and I have heard more than one jaded Fi type say it, whether FP or ISTJ.

    I agree her desperate loneliness is obvious and sad, but I don't agree she is out of her mind re: Misty Day.

Similar Threads

  1. American Horror Story *CONTAINS SPOILERS*
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM
  2. Sarah Paulson from American Horror Story
    By LanaBanana in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-15-2014, 05:57 AM
  3. American Horror Story: Asylum
    By LanaBanana in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 10:07 AM
  4. American Horror Story: Coven
    By mako in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 10:32 PM
  5. American Horror Story
    By dudarios in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO