• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jeremy Jerms Reviews "Machete Kills"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched this movie last Friday with my stepson (he's 28).

Overall, it was a blast of a guy film. I had watched Machete about a month earlier in preparation for this film. The sequel is the same basic idea taken to ridiculous heights, and without the Mexican Pride theme of the original.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, as there isn't a lot of speaking in these movies. But it appears that Machete (the person) is a Mexican illegally in the US fighting for ICE, the new name of the department of immigration. How this is possible, I don't know. The movies are chock-full of stereotypes about Mexicans and racist law enforcement along the border of Mexico and the US. And they are bloody and gory as hell, not as gory as a decent zombie movie, however. Some intestinal tracts are ripped out along the way, but not very many, relatively speaking.

I agree with Jeremy Jawns's review, for the most part, not because he likes the movie but because he made the same observations I made. He liked it for all the things one is supposed to like about it. It's a genre movie, and that genre is known as Grindhouse. As such, it is to be reviewed as Grindhouse.

As for Machete himself, he is like the anti-James Bond. Yes, he fights for the "good" guys, whoever they are in this movie. But he does it for personal reasons, not for James Bond reasons. James Bond is witty, Machete is not. James Bond is pretty, Machete is just the opposite of pretty. James Bond is clever, Machete is not. Oh, he's clever enough with a machete, I suppose, when it comes to slicing people in half, that is.

I agree with Jermy that the movie was a little bit too long - maybe not a half-hour too long, more like 15 minutes. But there were many and various plot threads that had to be settled, different characters with their own agendas and vendettas that Machete was forced to deal with, and that takes time even for Machete.

I'm happy that Jeremah didn't mention that machine-gun bra. From those who have only seen the previews, you'd think that the machine-gun bra was the only thing in the movie.

Here's the trailer for the movie:

Trailer #2: