User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Pokemon X & Y

  1. #11
    Senior Member animenagai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    @Chanaynay

    What else do you think would be banned? You're sacrificing your item slot for a megaevo -- that's pretty huge. Pokes I'm looking out for: Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile, and possibly Pinsir. There are other sets that I'm thinking of testing, just for fun, like DD Mega-Charizard X (with spin support, of course), and SD, WOW Absol (burn the Skarm/Hippow on the switch, weaken it with general play, sweep later).
    Chimera of Filth

    A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

  2. #12
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    I watched competitive Pokemon once. It was incredibly boring.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  3. #13
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    @Chanaynay

    What else do you think would be banned? You're sacrificing your item slot for a megaevo -- that's pretty huge. Pokes I'm looking out for: Lucario, Gardevoir, Mawile, and possibly Pinsir. There are other sets that I'm thinking of testing, just for fun, like DD Mega-Charizard X (with spin support, of course), and SD, WOW Absol (burn the Skarm/Hippow on the switch, weaken it with general play, sweep later).
    As far as I know the only stats that are noticeably boosted in Mega Mawile are her defensive stats, so the lack of Leftovers and a recovery move other than Pain Split would be a huge let down for her. Although, I think she does get Huge Power and her base Attack stat at normal is 85 so if it stayed the same she could reach a max attack of 590, which is 130 points higher than Slaking's. I think Heracross might raise some red flags too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I watched competitive Pokemon once. It was incredibly boring.
    It is.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  4. #14
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ...and I'd lord I'm wary about crappy 3D.
    Fortunately they now make them with a slider, on the XL version, so you can turn the 3d off or is it lessen the effect? Or buy one of the new cheaper '2DS' ones which allow you to play DS and 3DS games without the 3d.

    I was thinking about getting a 3DS myself, mainly for Luigi's Mansion 2. I hate the current generation of pokemon, the designs are all jagged, ugly and the themes absurd.

    There is a pokemon that is little more than a dustbin! What the fuck? I miss the old 151.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #15
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    - This was the easiest game in the entire series. I cut through the Elite Four and Champion like a knife through water.

    - I have no idea how Azumarill is fairylike or what it has in common with Gardevoir. The Fairy type in general lacks a clear sense of identity.

    - I've done upwards of a hundred Wonder Trades. They're extremely addicting, especially since you can easily browse the internet, listen to audiobooks, etc. while you're doing them.

    - I wanted a team of Absol, Gardevoir, Lucario, Delphox, a ghost pokemon, and a poison pokemon, all of them males (although I like to think that pokemon gender doesn't equal biological gender, otherwise pokemon would all be straight or asexual; certainly it's not a stretch when you've got female Machamps and Mr. Mimes)--that's just the kind of team I'd have if I were a real pokemon trainer. But it wouldn't be very good for type match-ups, so I ended up doing something different. I almost wish hadn't, because the game ended up being way too easy.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  6. #16
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Mine is 0946-2749-1903. Sadly I probably won't be able to see you online/add you until I can go home where my wifi actually works. Stupid college, SUPPORT MY GAMING HABITS!
    Gah! I wish I had time for gaming habits! I just don't play nearly as much as I used to.

  7. #17
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    - This was the easiest game in the entire series. I cut through the Elite Four and Champion like a knife through water.
    Really? I thought every 5th Gen game was easy as shit. I actually struggled with the 2nd gym leader (and I'm still not at the 3rd because I'm incredibly slow moving and even then I like to take my time on my journeys). Also for Fairy-type I think they all just contain a sense of magical fiction to them? Jigglypuff is a balloon that can make you fall asleep, Azumarill is a bunny from the water, Gardevoir is a lady in a white dress that can sense true emotions. They all seem to have some sort of whimsical vibe to them. But that's just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Gah! I wish I had time for gaming habits! I just don't play nearly as much as I used to.
    I'm beginning to realize that I need to start making better use of my free time in college more. I used to play games all the time and now I struggle playing Pokemon once a week.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  8. #18
    AKA Nunki Polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay
    Really? I thought every 5th Gen game was easy as shit. I actually struggled with the 2nd gym leader (and I'm still not at the 3rd because I'm incredibly slow moving and even then I like to take my time on my journeys). Also for Fairy-type I think they all just contain a sense of magical fiction to them? Jigglypuff is a balloon that can make you fall asleep, Azumarill is a bunny from the water, Gardevoir is a lady in a white dress that can sense true emotions. They all seem to have some sort of whimsical vibe to them. But that's just me.
    Jigglypuff is definitely fairylike, and a case could probably be made for Gardevoir, too, although I thought its powers were already well accounted for with its psychic typing. Azumarill, though, is pretty much the pokemon universe's equivalent of a mundane water-dwelling mammal. The most fairylike thing about it is its whimsical appearance, but there are lots of whimsical-looking pokemon that aren't fairy types.

    A lot of what determines the difficulty of this type of game is your play style, so I suppose I'm not that surprised you're finding it more challenging than I did. What I do is go through and defeat every available trainer; up until now, that has never resulted in me being over-leveled.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

  9. #19
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Jigglypuff is definitely fairylike, and a case could probably be made for Gardevoir, too, although I thought its powers were already well accounted for with its psychic typing. Azumarill, though, is pretty much the pokemon universe's equivalent of a mundane water-dwelling mammal. The most fairylike thing about it is its whimsical appearance, but there are lots of whimsical-looking pokemon that aren't fairy types.
    True, I think they may have partly given Azumarill Fairy typing just to make it even more powerful. I mean, Huge Power + Play Around = goodbye Dragon types.

    A lot of what determines the difficulty of this type of game is your play style, so I suppose I'm not that surprised you're finding it more challenging than I did. What I do is go through and defeat every available trainer; up until now, that has never resulted in me being over-leveled.
    Hmm, I go through and make sure to battle every available trainer as well, but I think our styles may differentiate in other ways. I don't like to confine myself to one team of 6 Pokemon as I play, I like to play around with the other Pokemon I've caught. So far the Pokemon I've used on my team are Braixen, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, Vivillon, Wartortle, Furfrou, Amaura, and Carbink but the Pokemon I currently have in my party are Braixen, Pidgeotto, Wartortle, and Carbink. I'm a little like Ash in that sense, just take Pokemon out of the PC whenever I feel like it. Although the Pokemon that I do end up calling my "ultimate team" are the ones that I beat the Elite Four with, it just goes through many changes before then.

    One major issue I'm having with X is the fact that both Jigglypuff and Oddish are obtainable in this game. Vileplume and Wigglytuff are my favorite two Pokemon and my ones from Ruby are waiting on my White 2 file to be transported. Sadly, Poke Transporter doesn't come out til late December so I get overwhelming feelings of separation anxiety when I see a wild Oddish or Jigglypuff. :/
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


Similar Threads

  1. Pokemon favorites
    By 527468 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 10:44 AM
  2. Pokemon, Revisited
    By Bubbles in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:09 AM
  3. Pokemon: Presidential Race '08 Version
    By swordpath in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 10:26 AM
  4. Does anyone else think about Pokemon when discussing MBTI?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-20-2010, 09:14 AM
  5. Keyboard Amp or PA Speakers
    By man in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO