User Tag List

First 123 Last

I've heard The Wire was really, really good, but I just haven't have the opportunity to watch it yet. Sorry, folks.

I think they are both excellent shows. I think The Wire had a little more finesse in exploring the good in "bad people" and the bad in "good people" than Breaking Bad did, so I'll have to tally my vote there. But again, both excellent.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

The Wire, I'm like 2 seasons behind on Breaking Bad. I like it but wouldn't even put it in my top 10 really. The Sopranos might be better than both, tbh. But I have a soft spot for the Wire because I'm from Maryland and like the familiarity and inside jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I don't even know what those shows are, and I have never seen a single episode of either of them.

As for "two of the best shows ever created," that judgment is relative to the shows you've actually watched. I can't really judge for those two; however, the first season of 21 Jump Street was phenomenal, as was every episode of The Paper Chase; The Mary Tyler Moore Show was really good back in the day, M*A*S*H was outstanding in its first season, etc. I don't really see how you can judge something as "two of the best" when there have been so many that existed during and well before your time.
    I nominate this post for an award.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Just posting cuz ya mentioned me but I haven't seen the wire. Maybe ill check it out tho and come back.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Just to be mentioned in the same company as these posters...I feel...I feel very humbled right now. And I'm hoping you can forgive me as I'm just a little overwhelmed with emotion...

I've never seen The Wire.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I nominate this post for an award.
    *Unplonk*
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

FigerPuppet

The Wire is a loaf of ryebread, while Breaking Bad is a burger.

Ryebread makes me feel sated for a longer amount of time, while a burger is more delicious in the moment I am eating it.
    I prefer the former.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Never seen The Wire (need to, want to even if I hate Baltimore with a passion), but I am a big fan of Breaking Bad.

The ending of last weeks episode has me pumped for the finale of BB. Somehow, they manage to one-up themselves at every corner. I want the special edition blu ray set when it comes out.

MBTI
    intp

Breaking Bad is good, but I'd go with the Wire - the layers, the texture, the scope. I don't find them comparable for much other than the tag "popular crime dramas."
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery