• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Grunge!

Starry

Yaay you noticed! My username is just THIS Polly! :D Actually I can't decide if the song is full of drug, or sex, or neither of these references. But it's a masterpiece :rock:

Thank you so much for creating this thread :)

It will depend on how squeamish you are I imagine but (I'll put this into a spoiler maybe)...

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you so much for creating this thread :)

It will depend on how squeamish you are I imagine but (I'll put this into a spoiler maybe)...

I read the spoiler... Later I edited to my post, that I think it might be a Polly, who was really retarted and once, when Kurt was desperate horny teenager, he attampted to have sex with her... But it could be about this Polly, who knows. I've heard so much about what Nirvana's lyrics mean, don't mean that I think only Kurt could really tell us, what are his songs about. I know people used to say "Rape me" is about his inner feelings of getting raped by medias, but in one interview he personally said, the song is not about him and is about literal rape of some woman. But you could be right, I can imagine Kurt would be really touched by thing like this. I know he was not only feminist, but as any other INFP would be, he was humanitarian and idealist, so I wouldn't be suprised if the song would be about what you said. It sounds like Kurt to me...

W

WALMART

This song perfectly illustrates (illustrates? no, demonstrates) the shift in how a guitar lick (? I'm just now realizing that I don't have the language to even say what I'm trying to say...)
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15886" target="_blank">superunknown</a> might understand what I'm attempting to say here...but the cords are played almost backwards from how they had been done up until that point. This is the Grunge sound and since this song is slower and makes use of fewer instruments you can really hear it. This song is a masterpiece as well.

It was a lot more experimental than other things going on at the time, like Poison or Ratt, lolz.

-_-

Jeff Beckian is a good adjective for backwards sounding fretwork

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Beck

Starry

I read the spoiler... Later I edited to my post, that I think it might be a Polly, who was really retarted and once, when Kurt was desperate horny teenager, he attampted to have sex with her... But it could be about this Polly, who knows. I've heard so much about what Nirvana's lyrics mean, don't mean that I think only Kurt could really tell us, what are his songs about. I know people used to say "Rape me" is about his inner feelings of getting raped by medias, but in one interview he personally said, the song is not about him and is about literal rape of some woman. But you could be right, I can imagine Kurt would be really touched by thing like this. I know he was not only feminist, but as any other INFP would be, he was humanitarian and idealist, so I wouldn't be suprised if the song would be about what you said. It sounds like Kurt to me...

Because of where I am from...

I have met countless people that knew him and knew him well and based on all of that...I can't even imagine that first story involving the individual with down's syndrome being true. The common theme you hear is he was absolutely nothing like how he was portrayed in the media (being a musical genius was the only extraordinary thing about him...in all other ways he was reportedly very simple and humble)...but I get the sense much of it was his own fault. xNFPs are just weird like that I can't even explain it...but we can end up calling trouble down on ourselves...often saying and doing controversial things as a statement or for mental amusement...but not taking the time to clear up any subsequent misunderstandings, etc. We were born to push boundaries <-that's basically it and don't possess the social skills to even understand we have these things called 'reputations.'

I can vaguely remember the news story concerning the actual Polly.

Starry

One more for now...

I'm not even kidding when I say not a day goes by that I don't listen to this song. I know I've already posted it a zillion times on this site but now +1. I would marry this song before I would ever marry a person (omg ha.)

The thickness of the 'fretwork' <-haha... is distinctly Grunge.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because of where I am from...

I have met countless people that knew him and knew him well and based on all of that...I can't even imagine that first story involving the individual with down's syndrome being true. The common theme you hear is he was absolutely nothing like how he was portrayed in the media (being a musical genius was the only extraordinary thing about him...in all other ways he was reportedly very simple and humble)...but I get the sense much of it was his own fault. xNFPs are just weird like that I can't even explain it...but we can end up calling trouble down on ourselves...often saying and doing controversial things as a statement or for mental amusement...but not taking the time to clear up any subsequent misunderstandings, etc. We were born to push boundaries <-that's basically it and don't possess the social skills to even understand we have these things called 'reputations.'

I can vaguely remember the news story concerning the actually Polly.

Where are you from? I was wondering if the story is true, or not :D . I know Kurt was nothing like the medias showed him. I am myself an INFP, so I can pretty much understand and relate what you are saying about INFPs and I guess Kurt is too much presented as some hero. He's never been a hero, never wanted to be... But there is something about him, some contradiction, that reminds me on my own self and smells bad... He said a lot of times, he never wanted to be a rockstar and that was a lie. He dreamed about being a rockstar, but he was never capable of handeling the tensions, that came with being a rockstar and that is why he so much fought against the medias, or supressed his "rockstar image." But he wanted it...more then anything...just when the real life and real responsibilty came he rather ran away into his little shelter saying how unfear the life was to him... I think this is the whole tragedy of Kurt.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
plz no :(

closest i'll get is guns 'n roses

aw yeah

Plz no... Don't tell me you thought I was serious :D .. sarcasm is a powerfull tool :harhar: ... Closest I can get are Guns 'n' roses for me too :D .
I know it's the notoriously known song, but I love Slash's solo! One of the best ever!

W

WALMART

One more for now...

I'm not even kidding when I say not a day goes by that I don't listen to this song. I know I've already posted it a zillion times on this site but now +1. I would marry this song before I would ever marry a person (omg ha.)

The thickness of the 'fretwork' <-haha... is distinctly Grunge.

you know, i hated nirvana growing up. a girl i hung out with for a lot of teenage years was all about them and hated soundgarden, so naturally...

this song rocks. i need to look into all their lesser known stuff.

Plz no... Don't tell me you thought I was serious :D .. sarcasm is a powerfull tool :harhar: ... Closest I can get are Guns 'n' roses for me too :D .
I know it's the notoriously known song, but I love Slash's solo! One of the best ever!

nah, i was pretty sure you weren't serious lol. no one with as much as taste as you have... :p

velvet revolver was another of those awsm supergroups. which brings me to stone temple pilots...

Scott+Weiland+Paz+De+la+Huerta+NYC+IbHo117nBj8l.jpg

i wanna be a rock superstar

:(:(:(:(

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you know, i hated nirvana growing up. a girl i hung out with for a lot of teenage years was all about them and hated soundgarden, so naturally...

this song rocks. i need to look into all their lesser known stuff.

nah, i was pretty sure you weren't serious lol. no one with as much as taste as you have... :p

velvet revolver was another of those awsm supergroups. which brings me to stone temple pilots...

Velver Revoler was amazing! Slash has now his band "Slash and the conspirators" (at least I guess it's band's name) and they are pretty awesome also. Another supergroup... wait...STP were supergroup? I've never thought abou that... Oh enough for today, it's already 3 a.m I still sit here, chatting and listening to music...I have to go to sleep right now! Oh wel...just one episode of Regular Show and then I promise myself I will go to sleep!

W

WALMART

Velver Revoler was amazing! Slash has now his band "Slash and the conspirators" (at least I guess it's band's name) and they are pretty awesome also. Another supergroup... wait...STP were supergroup? I've never thought abou that... Oh enough for today, it's already 3 a.m I still sit here, chatting and listening to music...I have to go to sleep right now! Oh wel...just one episode of Regular Show and then I promise myself I will go to sleep!

velvet revolver's singer is scott weiland, from STP, with slash n the gang. yeah, i heard about them... never really listened. maybe i'll give it a shot.

cartoons are so good right now. do you watch adventure time?

sleep well!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like grunge. I like the energy of it, and it also makes me nostalgic, because my INFJ sister used to love this stuff. I think I'm going to get her Insecticide for the holidays. She doesn't seem to realize that there's another Nirvana album out there.

I remember going into CD stores with her and being confused and fascinated by all the album artwork like that underwater baby. I still really love that aesthetic. I know everyone listened to that stuff, but it sounds like the music of outsiders. Anyway, it blows my mind that at one time, music trafficking in those kinds of emotions was the most popular act in town.

I definitely prefer it to hair metal.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
No screaming trees? :unsure:

Really awesome song(singer of screaming trees singing their old song):

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
velvet revolver's singer is scott weiland, from STP, with slash n the gang. yeah, i heard about them... never really listened. maybe i'll give it a shot.

cartoons are so good right now. do you watch adventure time?

sleep well!

Oh actually yes, I remember STP's singer in Velvet Revolver. From Slash's solo, this is amazing
Cartoons are awesome! :D I tried to watch some episodes of Adventure Time, but the whole show seems like one huge LSD trip :D :D . Regular Show can be pretty crazy also, but it at least doesn't remind me of any drung :D . and to your
i wanna be a rock superstar
thing.... I am deadly serious, when I say I will...I will be a rockstar :yay: ! And all these soft/rock melody ripping bands, will suddenly stop to exist and everyone will listen to grunge and hard rock :D ... And I will party so hard and die really really young in my luxury flat in Paris with the bottle of Jack Daniel's in my heand :D :D