User Tag List

First 456

Thread: Grunge!

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I know Nirvana is categorized as grunge but I never really saw it. I think they're quite a bit different than many of the other bands listed. They have more of a experimental Pixies/ Sonic Youth sensibility, with some seriously strong Fi undertones, but an undercurrent of British Invasion love and the obvious punk influence. I was the perfect age when this music came out (teens) and let me tell you, it kicked ass.

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, STP are entirely different. I don't like the sound at all. I find it tremendously boring and without soul. I hated it when I was the age for it and I hate it now.
    I don't think Pearl Jam and STP are grunge, personally. They're 90's alternative maybe, which tends to get clumped into that category.

But Soundgarden not having soul, gasp. I think during their close they got very technical with their work (Black Hole Sun, Spoonman, Burden in my Hand) so I can see what you're saying.

Kim Thayil wouldn't be happy about it though.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    You're so lucky! Well...I will sound like all these hipster teenagers , but I didn't have a chance to see any of these bands. The only one I saw, was PJ last year in Prague, but still those 90's time won't ever come back and I won't ever had a chance to experience this era! It's so unfair, that I was born into Britney Spear's ass licking era... And since that everything is going downhill... "The only direction we flow is down
    Down, oh down
    Down, oh down
    Down, oh down" ... Nope...I actually really believe there is one small chance, the good old times can a be a good future times...if you know what I mean. And oh yeah, I will call you at my party to my super luxury flat, but you know I probably will be super famous and super missunderstood amazing rockstar, so I won't have much time for remembering superunknown people .
    staley knew what was up all those years ago

Yeah, they's unfortunate times we're livin' in. The 2000's had some rockin' stuff, I liked the hard rock wave that came with Disturbed, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead and shit. Luckily for me, San Antonio/Austin is very musically cultural, there are live venues all over the place and the people that play them are very diverse in style. I also have a garage band that practices across the street from me several times a week that ROCKS

Come on, I thought you rockstar types loved obscure oddities

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    staley knew what was up all those years ago

Yeah, they's unfortunate times we're livin' in. The 2000's had some rockin' stuff, I liked the hard rock wave that came with Disturbed, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead and shit. Luckily for me, San Antonio/Austin is very musically cultural, there are live venues all over the place and the people that play them are very diverse in style. I also have a garage band that practices across the street from me several times a week that ROCKS

Come on, I thought you rockstar types loved obscure oddities
    Oh poor Layne...Some good stuff is happening now, but the bands are rare and not so popular, The Pretty Reckless, Von Benzo, Seether... I like Bullet for my Valentine ... I like Disturbed, mostly their song "Down with the sickness" one great crazy shit! In 2000's there were some other bands strating up their carrier... Foo Fighters began in '95. but made it huge in 2000's, also Marilyn Manson started to get more fame and attention. Oh how much I admire the work of MM ... Puddle Of Mudd, Shinedown, I think even Seether and Evanescence started in 2000's....and Metallica went terribly downhill...
    You have a band...now I am just so jealous! I once started a grunge band with my first estp boyfriend, but after sometime the guy turned out to be a jerk and the band plans fell down. Well...our city is not so open to arts, or music, but we have pretty nice local underground scene. We have just a few clubs, so everyone knows everyone and all the metalheads, punk/rockers and grungers hangout together. I love this ... And I am actually starting new band project! I wasn't ready to give up on my dream so easily , so in wednesday I am going to first meet up with one band, that is looking for a singer... God how I whish to sing!
    OH! And I forgot the old good Linkin Park! And all these 2000's pop/punk bands...I grew up on them! I remember listening to Sum41 and GreenDay when I was 13 and feeling so punk/rcok and hardcore!

There are things I wanted to respond to in here but I'm a bit too tired...

This video was filmed on the coast...but further north from where I have spent most of my entire summer...all of my summers...
    But what I'm wanting to make mention of is that green stuff!...that bush/plant/brush that they are filming this video in...
    I don't even know the name of it but I'm assuming it's something like 'Common Green Stuff' (maybe something with 'broom' in the word idk) I've always just liked that they filmed the video in it haha.
    Anyway, thank you @superunknown for the help in the Vedder thread.

Okay you know ^^it's a very nice song but it's not grunge. And it is a bit too Fe-heavy maybe?

Goodnight

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism