User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I just looked it up, his name was 'Whiplash'. I think that little comic or picture-book had him fighting He-Man in a coliseum for some reason.
    Ah, I remember him now.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    See, I didnt like Thundercats either, begrudgingly went along with the trend and probably liked the villains more than I did the good guys.

When I think what the actual gimics were associated with the range of action figures they were a rip off too and not as good quality as the he man range, although they were "bigger" in scale so people loved that at the time.
    Yeah, I did watch both shows pretty regularly despite my distaste, and always really liked Mum-ra.

Had a lot of style.

I wasn't born until '88 though, so I probably didn't catch what craze their might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Yeah, I did watch both shows pretty regularly despite my distaste, and always really liked Mum-ra.

Had a lot of style.

I wasn't born until '88 though, so I probably didn't catch what craze their might have been.
    Same here on the distaste but I used to dislike Mumra because he seemed to do the same thing each week, the same formula, go out and annoy the thundercats, reveal his badass side, get it kicked by superior firepower and then retire to rejuvenate, lucky for him the thundercats didnt decide to take apart his temple thing in the mean time. He's like south korea or something.

Mind you I read wikis recently which had a bit of insane detail to them and revealed some pretty convoluted and complex story telling going on at another level about dimensional shifts and time travel and stuff but no one was really interested in that, I couldnt even be that bothered to finish the wiki.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Same here on the distaste but I used to dislike Mumra because he seemed to do the same thing each week, the same formula, go out and annoy the thundercats, reveal his badass side, get it kicked by superior firepower and then retire to rejuvenate, lucky for him the thundercats didnt decide to take apart his temple thing in the mean time. He's like south korea or something.

Mind you I read wikis recently which had a bit of insane detail to them and revealed some pretty convoluted and complex story telling going on at another level about dimensional shifts and time travel and stuff but no one was really interested in that, I couldnt even be that bothered to finish the wiki.
    lol. I suppose it'd be rough breaking out of that trope, producing syndicated action cartoons during the 1980's. Did you watch the Power Rangers? Same formula, only worse. Each episode had three stages: they would fight plainclothes, then call upon their Morphin' power to fight in their suits, then call upon their Zords to fight in their mechs. Same thing every week and I gobbled it up.

MBTI
    INTP

I think the main character reminded me of The Beastmaster, a film that had a particular scene in it that creeped me the fuck out when I was young.
    ....It was the ferrets, wasn't it?

lol. I suppose it'd be rough breaking out of that trope, producing syndicated action cartoons during the 1980's. Did you watch the Power Rangers? Same formula, only worse. Each episode had three stages: they would fight plainclothes, then call upon their Morphin' power to fight in their suits, then call upon their Zords to fight in their mechs. Same thing every week and I gobbled it up.
    Nawh, I liked power extreme in which they got power suits themed for air, sea or land beamed from an orbitting satellite