12 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default The Shining: Secret Of The Twins REVEALED [VIDEO]

Yes it's true, once upon a time Hollywood did produce good movies. And The Shining is a :shining: example of one of them.

"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Epiphany

Interestingly, Stephen King hated Stanley Kubrick's cinematic rendition of his novel. I think Shelley Duvall's character was miscast. Her performance made the movie hard to watch at times. The poor woman has lost her mind and now believes that aliens are inhabiting her body. Maybe she's right.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    Interestingly, Stephen King hated Stanley Kubrick's cinematic rendition of his novel. I think Shelley Duvall's character was miscast. Her performance made the movie hard to watch at times. The poor woman has lost her mind and now believes that aliens are inhabiting her body. Maybe she's right.
    Novels make for terrible movies.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Novels make for terrible movies.
    Not always.

In fact, a few of King's stories translated very well to screen with little modification. It depends on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    I think Kubrick's version is decent... but it's not really the same story as the book. it's like looking at a twisted reflection or a pond image after you beset it with ripples.

I saw most of it not all of the TV version made years later, the one that King liked better; I think that movie had more heart to it and I could see why King preferred it, but I wouldn't necessarily call it better, it was a little too "TV-movie-ish" soft.

Putting King's books on TV is a tough sell to being with -- the subject matter + the copious number of pages means a lot (and a LOT) of editing, that typically kills the patient on the table.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I like this movie because I think it was really nice of Kubrick to let us know that he helped to fake the moon landing. I'm glad he had a change of heart.

http://www.sacredmysteries.com/public/300_2.cfm
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I like this movie because I think it was really nice of Kubrick to let us know that he helped to fake the moon landing. I'm glad he had a change of heart.

http://www.sacredmysteries.com/public/300_2.cfm
    M-O-O-N, laws yes, that spells MOON!

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    M-O-O-N, laws yes, that spells MOON!
    Now that was a book (and miniseries) I liked far more than the shining.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Yes it's true, once upon a time Hollywood did produce good movies. And The Shining is a :shining: example of one of them.

I hated that movie.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Someone played this version while we were gaming on Sunday.

or maybe this version is preferable:

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think hating on something because it's not "true to the book" is kind of stupid. If it's exactly the same, why does the movie even exist? I like it when things are changed from the book, on many occasions. People still have the book, and can always read the book if they feel a need to know what "really" happened.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78