User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

I got it. First game I've played in years (literally). It's pretty fun.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Holy fucking fuck. Saints Row IV has some upcoming DLC that might just give it a new trick up its sleeve. A DLC called Saints Row Saves Christmas coming this holiday season? That is fucking hilarious. These games have charm because they actually implement the bizarre things that most people think about but are too embarrassed to express. That's admirable in the entertainment industry.

Oh and yeah, GTA V has dogs now, but why don't these games have kids in them yet? It can't be because it would be too controversial.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Its a blast--most gaming fun I have had in years. Definitely a major step up from IV (which was underwhelming).

Now waiting on the multiplayer to go live...

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm just waiting for the inevitable PC port, like a chump.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    The new Hot Coffee scene...I really don't see what the big deal is. It's nothing that really stands out from the rest of the game. And Trevor was nice enough to drive him to the airport, too.

The activists are just running out of things to bitch about, I guess.

I would've loved to do this to random civilians when not playing a mission.

I also would've loved to tie civilians to a pole and burn them alive, which was the case when I switched to Trevor, who I always catch doing random stuff.
    I don't see how this isn't utterly evil. I don't think people should be banned from playing or purchasing games like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't destroying society. It angers me how much people tolerate violence now.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Its a blast--most gaming fun I have had in years. Definitely a major step up from IV (which was underwhelming).

Now waiting on the multiplayer to go live...
    Yeah, I'm reading about the multiplayer, and if I can create a character with as much control as I could in Saints Row, then I finally have an excuse to pay for Xbox Live Gold. Yes, I got the game for the 360 because PS3 lost the coin toss.

And you're right on about IV. The story was underwhelming and I didn't give two shits about the protagonist. It seemed to be more about being fancy. (And I hate having to tap the A (or X) button to sprint.) How it got a 10/10 on Gamespot while V got a 9/10 is beyond me (perhaps because a feminist reviewed V and complained about the misogyny that is pretty commonplace in a GTA game?). Anyway, GTA IV is actually the only GTA game I didn't care about enough to even complete. In fact, I was so frustrated by the car physics and the (lack of) checkpoint system that I just switched back to Saints Row. And even with GTA V out, I still feel that Saints Row has a lot of great advantages that GTA doesn't. But I like how the two franchises seem to be one-upping each other (even in GTA V, your characters have superpowers :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I'm just waiting for the inevitable PC port, like a chump.
    I couldn't help myself. I'm too impatient. I'll probably get the PC version when it comes out...or maybe the Xbox One or PS4 versions which are apparently in development.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I don't see how this isn't utterly evil. I don't think people should be banned from playing or purchasing games like this, but that doesn't mean they aren't destroying society. It angers me how much people tolerate violence now.
    We're talking about violence against a computer AI. Sure, I would love to do it in real life, as most people would, but like most people, I then consider if it's really worth the risk of having a 9-inch cock rammed up my ass in a prison shower.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I couldn't help myself. I'm too impatient. I'll probably get the PC version when it comes out...or maybe the Xbox One or PS4 versions which are apparently in development.
    I don't blame you one bit. Heck, I've almost caved a few times and bought it for PS3 myself, but console gaming just feels like too much of a pain nowadays, and that would stifle my ability to really engross myself in the game.

Pretty good strategy by Rockstar though, because the eventual PC port is practically free money for them with minimal effort.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

We're talking about violence against a computer AI. Sure, I would love to do it in real life, as most people would, but like most people, I then consider if it's really worth the risk of having a 9-inch cock rammed up my ass in a prison shower.
    I think if most people would torture others given the opportunity, I don't want to be on this planet anymore. Fear of consequences shouldn't be what's stopping people. Having and listening to a conscious should. There's a reason governments are becoming more and more oppressive. People are turning into animals and their behavior is demanding control. Control yourself and you don't need others to.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I must admit--this was one of my favorite GTA missions ever.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    I must admit--this was one of my favorite GTA missions ever.
    Personally, my favorite was the "James Bond" mission. And there were so many other linear missions that I wish I could've done in the open world, like the mission where Trevor puts the movie star in the trunk and parks at a railroad crossing.

I think kidnapping random civilians should be implemented in a future game, perhaps even have a hideout to store them at similar to car garages.

Another thing that would be cool is the ability to cut brake lines on all cars.