User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You can make a racist or racially charged statement and not be racist. You can never read anyone's mind.
    But his statement was not racist, as he was stating a physical attraction presence he cannot control. In fact, he was lamenting his lack of control over it. You either can't read, or you don't want to understand.

Of course you wouldn't say it, because you'd be racist.
    I would, in fact, tell a black woman I didn't find black women attractive, if that were the case. And no, I would not be racist if I did. You are 100% wrong, as usual.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    But his statement was not racist, as he was stating a physical attraction presence he cannot control. In fact, he was lamenting his lack of control over it. You either can't read, or you don't want to understand.

I would, in fact, tell a black woman I didn't find black women attractive, if that were the case. And no, I would not be racist if I did. You are 100% wrong, as usual.
    Dude, you could tell them that. But you wouldn't say "my cock is a white supremacist"... that's kinda racist.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Dude, you could tell them that. But you wouldn't say "my cock is a white supremacist"... that's kinda racist.
    No, it really isn't.

MBTI
    INTP

No, it really isn't.
    Then you're probably a _______.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Then you're probably _______.
    Then I'm probably correct, and you're probably being willfully obtuse, as usual. I would probably stop while you are behind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'm not totally understanding when people say they are not attracted to an entire group of people though. Are you sure about that? 100 percent of the time not attracted to any member of that group? At what point does it become less about preference and start becoming about something undesirable you perceive the group to be or have? And who is to say that preferences can not be racist? This is presuming all of our preferences are innate, which I'm not sure I agree with.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm not totally understanding when people say they are not attracted to an entire group of people though. Are you sure about that? 100 percent of the time not attracted to any member of that group? At what point does it become less about preference and start becoming about something undesirable you perceive the group to be or have? And who is to say that preferences can not be racist? This is presuming all of our preferences are innate, which I'm not sure I agree with.

He actually named three black women he thought were very attractive, but stated he generally is not attracted to black women. Or, at least, to the black women who are interested in dating him. And that, by definition, is not racist. ajblaise is just being a dick, which is de rigueur.

As to the preferences question, I don't think we can control it. Many black women I know are not attracted to the vast majority of white men, and many Asian women I know have a strong preference for white men over Asian men. Is that racist? I don't think it can be, if you can't control it. Racism necessitates a BELIEF about races.

MBTI
    INTP

ajblaise is just being a dick, which is de rigueur.
    Don't take it personally, Himmler.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

He actually named three black women he thought were very attractive, but stated he generally is not attracted to black women. Or, at least, to the black women who are interested in dating him.
    I see. Well, I was just making a general comment.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury
    As to the preferences question, I don't think we can control it. Many black women I know are not attracted to the vast majority of white men, and many Asian women I know have a strong preference for white men over Asian men. Is that racist? I don't think it can be, if you can't control it. Racism necessitates a BELIEF about races.
    Ha. I can think of plenty of reasons why those preferences could have everything to do with racism.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Don't take it personally, Himmler.
    Yeah, I thought so. You were just fucking with me. That's fine. You should make your jokes more obvious, though. A more gullible person would think you were trying to make a serious point.