• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kick-Ass 2

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here's a situation where the negative reviews did not seem to be fair .The movie only picked up a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I think a fairer score would have been somewhere in the mid 50's. I actually enjoyed it probably more than Elysium.

Main issues:
1. No longer novel, just "more of same."
2. The Hit Girl plotline took her out of action for the middle of the movie, where actually she's the most entertaining person in the series.
3. Kind of meandered around without much of a goal.
4. The characters weren't necessarily memorable.

I don't think I would have recognized Jim Carrey if I didn't know who he was playing -- it was actually a pretty restrained performance by him (in a movie prone to excess, especially) than you would have seen from him in the early or mid 90's.

I was the only person in the theater who sat through the entire credits, not even expecting anything... and yes to my joy, there's a final clip at the very end of the movie. I mean, the bar was set by Marvel: What kind of superhero movie doesn't have a teaser clip at end of film nowadays? Nothing spectacular, but it does reopen a can of worms that I thought was empty.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At least enough of the critics on RT were genuinely offended by the movie for me to go see it.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh...

The sick stick was pretty funny though. Other than that, I didn't especially laugh much at this one, many of the jokes were just rehashes of jokes in the first movie.

The first one had a funny first and third act, though I thought it got a little too serious (or maybe just confused) during the second...this one is just funny in some places, but nothing really memorable aside from the sick stick.

And the post-credits scene was underwhelming, but I welcome another Kick-Ass movie...especially one directed by Paul Verhoeven.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw it last Thursday! I liked it, but I think

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, they probably threw him in jail the day the movie released. ;)

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Hopefully, they were filming in France.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw it last Thursday! I liked it, but I think

Apparently she's 16 now, which is the legal age of consent in most US states. Maybe that was the last scene they filmed before releasing it.

Lark

Here's a situation where the negative reviews did not seem to be fair .The movie only picked up a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes, but I think a fairer score would have been somewhere in the mid 50's. I actually enjoyed it probably more than Elysium.

Main issues:
1. No longer novel, just "more of same."
2. The Hit Girl plotline took her out of action for the middle of the movie, where actually she's the most entertaining person in the series.
3. Kind of meandered around without much of a goal.
4. The characters weren't necessarily memorable.

I don't think I would have recognized Jim Carrey if I didn't know who he was playing -- it was actually a pretty restrained performance by him (in a movie prone to excess, especially) than you would have seen from him in the early or mid 90's.

I was the only person in the theater who sat through the entire credits, not even expecting anything... and yes to my joy, there's a final clip at the very end of the movie. I mean, the bar was set by Marvel: What kind of superhero movie doesn't have a teaser clip at end of film nowadays? Nothing spectacular, but it does reopen a can of worms that I thought was empty.

I've certainly thought that about a lot of Carrey's performances, he did a couple of roles like 23 and seems to have lost a certain knack maybe.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've certainly thought that about a lot of Carrey's performances, he did a couple of roles like 23 and seems to have lost a certain knack maybe.

What's that have to do with this movie? Did you see it?

My comment was meant as a compliment to him, it's actually nice to see him inhabit a character versus just acting manic.

Lark

What's that have to do with this movie? Did you see it?

My comment was meant as a compliment to him, it's actually nice to see him inhabit a character versus just acting manic.

Was just making conversation and on a point that you had raised, although I guess liberal open mindedness does not permit you to talk with me on this topic since you've disagreed with me on others.

Its grand, I'll not make the mistake twice. Have a nice day.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dear, I've been reading the Kick-Ass 2 forum on IMDB and it seems like the thing that offended people the most, was that there was nudity in the film. I couldn't even remember nudity being in the film, but apparently people were freaking out about two pairs of tits being showed for how long, 3 seconds? People, there are over 5 billion full grown female boobs on this planet, seeing four of these boobs on a movie screen won't kill you!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nudity? Yeah....MF'er's two hookers in the pool for about 5-10 seconds of camera time. Frankly if someone can handle the violence, they should be able to deal with a few flashes of nip.

I thought that most of the threads on ImdB were busting on RT.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, it's boobs, because 'nudity is degrading to women'. Jesus Christ, there are so many people who've seen me topless and I've never found a sign that was degrading me or someone else.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it's boobs, because 'nudity is degrading to women'. Jesus Christ, there are so many people who've seen me topless and I've never found a sign that was degrading me or someone else.

Haven't they ever heard of Africa?

Boobs are boobs.

But the USA can't even handle public breastfeeding because we're sexually neurotic.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't they ever heard of Africa?

Boobs are boobs.

But the USA can't even handle public breastfeeding because we're sexually neurotic.

Glad I've never been their then.