User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Default Return of the Batman...

Ryan Gosling, Max Martini, Gerald Butler, Joe Manganiello and Richard Armitage are on WB's shortlist for the new Batman with Josh Brolin as the rumored frontrunner.

Snyder reportedly wants an older, grizzled and experienced Dark Knight for the Superman vs. Batman project (as the casting list denotes).

Online, fans are unianimously behind such actors such as: Anson Mount, Jensen Ackles, Michael Fassbender, Jon Hamm and especially Karl Urban.

So...what working actor would you choose to don the cowl for the Batman/Superman throwdown? I would choose Benedict Cumberbatch or Thomas Jane, personally. Batman needs an iconic, gravelly voice, world-weariness and powerful screen presence which either actor would provide in spades.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Karl Urban as Batman is actually a pretty good idea.

That being said, I do not have any interest in Batman in any film at this point. Christopher Nolan's adaption will probably not be rivaled, and in this specific case I've always found Batman and Superman cross-overs stupid. These people are in thematically different universes. They don't mix well. It will be hokey.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

They are contrasting figures, yes. But to me, that is what makes a crossover intriguing. Especially considering they will initially be enemies. In my eyes, Batman belongs in the Man of Steel universe, absolutely. It is a different version of conflict (idealogy vs. idealism rather than good/evil) for the protagonist to face in a superhero picture. I like that. The formula is beyond stale.

Karl Urban would be a great choice, btw

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

They should've gone with my idea and go ahead with Batman Beyond, reviving the Burton continuity and having Michael Keaton play Old Bruce Wayne, perhaps having a prologue sequence with a digitally de-aged Keaton retiring as Batman and so forth, perhaps maybe even a cameo by a CG Michael Gough playing Alfred.

And Zack Snyder should be banned from ever touching a camera again. (What was wrong with Superman Returns anyway?)

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Why would they do that? While cool, your idea wouldn't make any money

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If you want old and grizzled Batman, then get old and grizzled.
    Most of these guys are too much pretty to be William Wallace the Batman.

Honestly, I don't have much interest in it.
    And especially not in the thought of Michael Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    (What was wrong with Superman Returns anyway?)
    I saw the last 45 minutes of it two weeks ago, and it was BORING AS HELL.
    I mean, I didn't give a crap and just wanted it to end.
    There was no emotional engagement to what was happening on the screen at all.
    I don't know how it could have been even more flat and uninteresting.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No above all batman should be hot. I liked Christian Bale best. I could hang with Ryan Gosling.

Batman is the only superhero I can stand. Batman Begins made me cry. I also had a Batman watch when I was about twelve.

Riva

Having never been a fan of the novels why would Superman need Batman I always wondered.

Benedict Cumberbatch
    How?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Having never been a fan of the novels why would Superman need Batman I always wondered.

How?
    Superman respects Bats for his unyielding ferocity and cunning, even referring to him as the most dangerous man alive. With all that unchecked power, Supes knows that the only one capable of bringing him down is Bats should the situation arise. Plus opposites attract.

Another reason I nominate Cumberbatch is for his work in Sherlock and Star Trek. In both, he displays the range necessary to play the Dark Knight. In Sherlock he was eccentric, brilliant, deductive and sardonic. In Star Trek he was cold, calculating, enigmatic, brutal and most importantly, dangerous

That is Batman.

It's stupid. Batman is no match for Superman. Period. Boring or unrealistic movie ahead. What's the Bat going to do, pull a Lex Luthor and get some Kryptonite? Please.