• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Return of the Batman...

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't know, I think you're kind of dismissing Tom Cruise by comparing him to Affleck as an actor. I think Cruise is a fantastic actor who people suddenly decided not to like because of his weird-ass personal life. I actually think he'd make a decent Batman if he were a little less good looking.

Bruce Wayne is supposed to be really good-looking actually (no homo).
Nonetheless, Cruise would fail on the height factor. Bats be tall.

But otherwise, I could see Cruise as Batman.
He is at his best when he plays dark and/or unconventional characters.

(1000 posts, woot)

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
My favorite tweet so far:

"Christian Bale seen heading to Ben Affleck's apartment with a pile of Huey Lewis and the News albums and an ax."

Some are funny, but this is ridiculous.
People are treating this like it is the end of the world.

Hell--Paul Dini endorses the choice and mentioned years ago that Affleck was his first and only choice for a Batman reboot. All respect, but I think he is more qualified than drooling fanboys and fucktards on the web.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some are funny, but this is ridiculous.
People are treating this like it is the end of the world.

Hell--Paul Dini endorses the choice and mentioned years ago that Affleck was his first and only choice for a Batman reboot. All respect, but I think he is more qualified than drooling fanboys and fucktards on the web.

Let us not forget the butthurt that was Heath Ledger being originally announced as The Joker, and all the Brokeback Mountain references that came along with that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know, I think you're kind of dismissing Tom Cruise by comparing him to Affleck as an actor. I think Cruise is a fantastic actor who people suddenly decided not to like because of his weird-ass personal life. I actually think he'd make a decent Batman if he were a little less good looking.

I'm not dismissing Tom Cruise because of his personal life. I'm dismissing Tom Cruise because he's boring. He always plays Tom Cruise, and Tom Cruise doesn't interest me.

I only realized I didn't like Tom Cruise when I saw the Oblivion trailer, and found myself thinking that I'd be more interested in the movie if Tom Cruise wasn't in it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think the internet phenomenon of the reaction to Batfleck is funny, but I have to admit I don't really care who's going to be the 983674986254th Batman when we still haven't had a Wonder Woman movie. 7 year old me would go NUTS for a Wonder Woman movie. 37 year old me would also go nuts, but only in private.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the internet phenomenon of the reaction to Batfleck is funny, but I have to admit I don't really care who's going to be the 983674986254th Batman when we still haven't had a Wonder Woman movie. 7 year old me would go NUTS for a Wonder Woman movie. 37 year old me would also go nuts, but only in private.

I remember telling people back in like 2001 how awesome Lucy Lawless would be as Wonder Woman.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My God, you're right. She would be fantastic.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I'm on it, why the fuck has Idris Elba not been cast as Green Lantern John Stewart yet? C'mon, Hollywood!

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
On that note, why has Idris Elba not been cast for everything, everywhere, all the time? Hell, he's so versatile I think he could even play Wonder Woman.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My favorite tweet so far:

"Christian Bale seen heading to Ben Affleck's apartment with a pile of Huey Lewis and the News albums and an ax."

That was classic. I also liked "Personally, I think it's great Peter Capaldi is the new Batman."

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
On that note, why has Idris Elba not been cast for everything, everywhere, all the time? Hell, he's so versatile I think he could even play Wonder Woman.

:rofl1:

He's too busy trying to play James Bond in the next reboot. Which I personally think he'd be good at, but the skies would bleed red with the collective butt hurt in the atmosphere.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman. Aesthetically speaking, I could really see him hitting the mark on an older, more jaded and cynically detached Bruce Wayne. If you could get decent writers and keep the general tone of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, without leaving out the massive chunks of character development that don't make those emotionally plummeting moments feel completely contrived, it could be amazing.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
When they finally make The Avengers Justice League, I want Morgan Freeman to voice Martian Manhunter.

In the meantime, I will settle with Bryan Cranston as Commissioner Gordan and Mark Strong for Lex Luthor.

Beat those casting choices, bitches.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I was going to say, "And taller too," but then I remember Michael Keaton.

Actually, I think Cruise is pretty good at what he does; aside from his crazy antics at time, I'm not sure why people don't give him a little more credit. he's actually had a pretty versatile career, even if he's made a presence in the action film realm. I've liked many more of his films than not.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Justin-Bieber-Superman.jpg

Oh dear.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, how we've all forgotten you, Michael Keaton. I still think he's the only person to really nailed the Batman Persona on film, whereas Christian Bale made a great Bruce Wayne, but never really sold me as Batman.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Judge Dredd: Justin Bieber, your crimes include multiple outfits and hair styles meant to further your own pretty-boy image at the expense of good taste, as well as the manufacture and distribution of crappy music/dance videos that disturb the public piece and corrupt the minds of innocent young girls. How do you plead?

Bieber: [jaw drops, fake cigarette falls to floor]

Judge Dredd: Defense noted.

dredd2.jpg