User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    My favorite tweet so far:

"Christian Bale seen heading to Ben Affleck's apartment with a pile of Huey Lewis and the News albums and an ax."
    That was classic. I also liked "Personally, I think it's great Peter Capaldi is the new Batman."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    On that note, why has Idris Elba not been cast for everything, everywhere, all the time? Hell, he's so versatile I think he could even play Wonder Woman.

He's too busy trying to play James Bond in the next reboot. Which I personally think he'd be good at, but the skies would bleed red with the collective butt hurt in the atmosphere.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman. Aesthetically speaking, I could really see him hitting the mark on an older, more jaded and cynically detached Bruce Wayne. If you could get decent writers and keep the general tone of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, without leaving out the massive chunks of character development that don't make those emotionally plummeting moments feel completely contrived, it could be amazing.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

When they finally make The Avengers Justice League, I want Morgan Freeman to voice Martian Manhunter.

In the meantime, I will settle with Bryan Cranston as Commissioner Gordan and Mark Strong for Lex Luthor.

Beat those casting choices, bitches.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't know, I think you're kind of dismissing Tom Cruise by comparing him to Affleck as an actor. I think Cruise is a fantastic actor who people suddenly decided not to like because of his weird-ass personal life. I actually think he'd make a decent Batman if he were a little less good looking.
    I was going to say, "And taller too," but then I remember Michael Keaton.

Actually, I think Cruise is pretty good at what he does; aside from his crazy antics at time, I'm not sure why people don't give him a little more credit. he's actually had a pretty versatile career, even if he's made a presence in the action film realm. I've liked many more of his films than not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Oh dear.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Oh, how we've all forgotten you, Michael Keaton. I still think he's the only person to really nailed the Batman Persona on film, whereas Christian Bale made a great Bruce Wayne, but never really sold me as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Oh dear.
    That would be awesome, batman and superman team up to stomp that spit kid.

Also Judge Dredd should be in it too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Judge Dredd: Justin Bieber, your crimes include multiple outfits and hair styles meant to further your own pretty-boy image at the expense of good taste, as well as the manufacture and distribution of crappy music/dance videos that disturb the public piece and corrupt the minds of innocent young girls. How do you plead?

Bieber: [jaw drops, fake cigarette falls to floor]

Judge Dredd: Defense noted.

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft