• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Return of the Batman...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I always thought Lucy Lawless would make a kickass Wonder Woman.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not that I give a crap about this whole doomed endeavor or Wonder Woman as a character in general, but one look at that actress and I think she seems all wrong for the part.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I always thought Lucy Lawless would make a kickass Wonder Woman.

Yes!!

I've been suggesting her as the perfect candidate for Wonder Woman for years!

I think she might be just a touch too old now, but during her Xena days when she practically had a cult following, that would've been the role she was born to play.

Adding Wonder Woman into the equation kind of concerns me a bit, as I fear they'll try to incorporate too many themes within a relatively small time-frame to explain them, which I saw was as one of the biggest flaws with Man of Steel. What I'd like is for Wonder Woman to appear in the last 15-20 minutes of the film as a government chaperoned Ambassador of Themyscira, with little knowledge of the modern world, and taking off to join into the fight, leading slowly into being introduced to another meta-human in Superman, and this film serving as the direct lead-in film to The Justice League. That setup would also fit pretty well with the New-52 origin story.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
She was born in '68, and she's still kickass. I'd LOVE to see her do the role!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Anyway, she is way too skinny.
Quite attractive, though.

If Zack Snyder made the entire cast of 300 look the way they did - between the actual physical workouts they were required to do, and the digital enhancement that I'm sure played a role.... I feel pretty confident that he can get Gadot to look like an Amazon woman.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, damn. Hope he goes all out if he does do the fancy effects. Make her 8 feet tall.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
The more I think about it, the more I'm warming up to the idea of Ben Affleck as Batman. Aesthetically speaking, I could really see him hitting the mark on an older, more jaded and cynically detached Bruce Wayne. If you could get decent writers and keep the general tone of Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, without leaving out the massive chunks of character development that don't make those emotionally plummeting moments feel completely contrived, it could be amazing.

Called it.

After seeing this yesterday, it's obvious Affleck has the role down pat and is going to knock it out the park.

Crabs

Permabanned

Called it.

After seeing this yesterday, it's obvious Affleck has the role down pat and is going to knock it out the park.

Good call. He has the face for the role, although initially I was turned off by his casting because Ben Affleck's celebrity status often seems to overshadow his acting.

What are people's thoughts on Jared Leto's Joker in the new Suicide Squad trailer? There's a rumor going around that it might not be the "real Joker," but a former Robin character assuming his deranged persona after being brutally beaten by the Joker.

Leto(2).jpg

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ yeah I saw the enthusiasm regarding this upcoming suicide squad movie. This is something I have never heard of before 'suicide squad'.

I also saw Jerard Leto's 'I ma going to hurt you really bad' posters a couple of times and I thought it had something to do with the upcoming batman/superman movie. I was glad to see the joker in it because just superman in it would be dull. There is something really dull about superman.

So it seems the joker being played by Leto is in the suicide squad movie and has nothing to do with the upcoming batman movie. If y any chance the same actor is going to play the joker in the superman/batman movie I think you ^ are right because if I am not mistaken Bane kills the joker in the third batman movie.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@ comic book fans - who is going to be the hero in the upcoming batman vs superman movie? Is it that the government wants to bring superman down and he goes berserk?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@ comic book fans - who is going to be the hero in the upcoming batman vs superman movie? Is it that the government wants to bring superman down and he goes berserk?

Not super-knowledgable about comic books, but judging from the trailer, I speculate that Superman will be the hero and Batman will be the villain for much of the movie, until he realizes the error of his ways and teams up with Superman to stop some other thread, which in this case is probably Lex Luthor.

So it seems the joker being played by Leto is in the suicide squad movie and has nothing to do with the upcoming batman movie. If y any chance the same actor is going to play the joker in the superman/batman movie I think you ^ are right because if I am not mistaken Bane kills the joker in the third batman movie.

Actually, the Joker isn't in the third movie at all. I had a feeling from the Dark Knight that they were considering bringing him back, because he was left alive, but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. I would have liked to have seen a third movie with Two-Face as the main villain, but it was not to be.

Anyway, I love the Joker as a character. The Joker works well as a villain for Batman because he's Batman's shadow. As a vigilante, Batman isn't big on rules either, and works outside the law. The difference is that the Joker is a destructive force, and Batman is a preserving force, if not a creative one.

Bane and Ras-al-Ghul didn't strike me as being shadow figures; they represent something that Batman consciously rejects, not something that's a hidden or repressed aspect of Batman.
Interesting article about the Joker and MBTI:

ENTP Villain: The Joker | What's My Type?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ What had batman done to become an outlaw outside of what he did in Batman 2? Comic book fans would know I guess. I hope they wouldn't fuck this up. Those Christian Bale movies were so good, it wouldn't take superman to fuck things up :D.

Anyway I am going to miss Bale. He was made for Batman. That ISTJ stoic ponderish charm.

Ben Afflect apart from winning Oscars for directing or writing (to the best of my knowledge he received on for Argo) is a probably a good actor, but he looks so lazy. None of his characters (the ones I've seen) have been attractive. He is probably not a character actor?

I can't really see him do a charismatic character. Only silent hero types.

He seems so bored.

Crabs

Permabanned
^ yeah I saw the enthusiasm regarding this upcoming suicide squad movie. This is something I have never heard of before 'suicide squad'.

I also saw Jerard Leto's 'I ma going to hurt you really bad' posters a couple of times and I thought it had something to do with the upcoming batman/superman movie. I was glad to see the joker in it because just superman in it would be dull. There is something really dull about superman.

I'm not too familiar with the Suicide Squad either. I believe Leto's Joker is in both movies and presumably the standalone Batfleck film after Dawn of Justice.

I'm not a comic reader, but apparently the Robin/Joker theory stems from a story in the comics, involving Jason Todd who later becomes a villain after Batman failed to save him. Some speculate the "J" tattoo under the Joker's eye stands for Jason instead of Joker.

Judging from the trailer, it appears that Superman is viewed as a threat to humanity because of his supreme power or something.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Judging from the trailer, it appears that Superman is viewed as a threat to humanity because of his supreme power or something.

Might be to do with all the mess he and Zod made, hence the ugly Zod body being shown briefly.

I'm getting very apathetic about these comic book movies, or rather the Marvel and DC ones, it's become a bit overloaded.
This and Suicide Squad look very flashy, but I want to see substance.

Crabs

Permabanned
Might be to do with all the mess he and Zod made, hence the ugly Zod body being shown briefly.

I'm getting very apathetic about these comic book movies, or rather the Marvel and DC ones, it's become a bit overloaded.
This and Suicide Squad look very flashy, but I want to see substance.

The only Marvel ones I've seen are the X-Men movies and the first Captain America. Haven't seen the Amazing Spiderman or any of the multitude of solo or Avenger-related films. DC's universe seems to be darker than Marvel, especially Christopher Nolan's and Tim Burton's Batman, which verge on neo-noir much like the animated series in the 90's; hence DC (Detective Comics).

If you're looking for substance, the big screen is the wrong place to look these days. Television, independent films and even some video games have usurped modern cinema in originality and compelling stories.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The only Marvel ones I've seen are the X-Men movies and the first Captain America. Haven't seen the Amazing Spiderman or any of the multitude of solo or Avenger-related films. DC's universe seems to be darker than Marvel, especially Christopher Nolan's and Tim Burton's Batman, which verge on neo-noir much like the animated series in the 90's; hence DC (Detective Comics).

If you're looking for substance, the big screen is the wrong place to look these days. Television, independent films and even some video games have usurped modern cinema in originality and compelling stories.

To be fair it was arrogant of me considering I'm pretty superficial. But you're right, I'm expecting perhaps too much while looking in the wrong location.