User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

The fandom reaction to this is going to be fun to watch.

It seems like a choice fans are going to hate, and I also happen to think it's a shitty one. Ben Affleck has about the range of Tom Cruise. Just like every movie with Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise IN SPACE or Tom Cruise as a PIRATE NAZI, so is a Ben Affleck movie.

He's just.... a generic vaguely angry Red Sox fan. In every film. I honestly think Orlando Bloom would have been a better choice.... his fops all seem different.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    The fandom reaction to this is going to be fun to watch.

It seems like a choice fans are going to hate, and I also happen to think it's a shitty one. Ben Affleck has about the range of Tom Cruise. Just like every movie with Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise IN SPACE or Tom Cruise as a PIRATE NAZI, so is a Ben Affleck movie.

He's just.... a generic vaguely angry Red Sox fan. In every film. I honestly think Orlando Bloom would have been a better choice.... his fops all seem different.
    Aside from him have a decent jawline, I'm kind of shocked by the casting. He did okay in Good Will Hunting and in Argo, but he was certainly not close to the best actor in either movie.

And it's not like Affleck has a great record with superhero movies either.

I wonder how he'll play out in that show coming up with Justin Timberlake, about the gambling place down overseas.

He's a far better director than actor.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Aside from him have a decent jawline, I'm kind of shocked by the casting.
    I wanted Nicholas Cage damnit. The poor guy lost all his castles. He deserves better than Ghost Writer. He never turns down roles, so you know he would have done it.

That would be so meta.... he would be battling Superman, the character he always dreamed of playing, and came so close to...
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I reckon who plays Batman will turn out to be of very little importance to the film's quality, because, if Zack Snyder is to direct it, it will neither feature nor require any acting.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

...and I just lost all interest in this project.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

With that said: He isnt the absolute worst choice. I was worried WB was going to hire some metrosexual, flavor-of-the-month teeny bopper.

I am willing to give Affleck a chance.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    With that said: He isnt the absolute worst choice. I was worried WB was going to hire some metrosexual, flavor-of-the-month teeny bopper.
    I think Justin Bieber was busy getting a makeover.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Okay, so even if you think Daredevil was a shitty movie, you'd be an idiot to think it was because of Ben Affleck.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm a bit shocked by the casting as well, but I think given the criteria searching for, he fits the bit (on paper, that is).

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Okay, so even if you think Daredevil was a shitty movie, you'd be an idiot to think it was because of Ben Affleck.
    I don't think anyone has ever said Daredevil flopped solely because of Ben Affleck.

I'm not sure who could have redeemed that movie.