First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    It's stupid. Batman is no match for Superman. Period. Boring or unrealistic movie ahead. What's the Bat going to do, pull a Lex Luthor and get some Kryptonite? Please.
    Didn't you ever read "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller? It was written in oh say 1985 and marked a shift in the tone of comics and is probably what this movie is being based on, to some degree or another.

The comic itself set up some good reasons why Superman was also restraining himself and Bats wasn't. I thought it was a neat limited-issue series that gave a good view of how they viewed each other, as well as how they viewed themselves -- you actually get a sense of where Supes is coming from, even if Bats thinks he's just an "overgrown/overpowered Boy Scout."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Didn't you ever read "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller? It was written in oh say 1985 and marked a shift in the tone of comics and is probably what this movie is being based on, to some degree or another.
    You are correct.

Snyder has also met with Miller to discuss how he should approach the character.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Also: Christian Bale was offered 50 million to return. He refused.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Also: Christian Bale was offered 50 million to return. He refused.
    I'll play Batgirl for 2 million. (I'm cheap.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

My favourite actor in the Batman role was always Michael Keaton actually. Although it could have been as much to do with Tim Burton's aesthetic.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    It's stupid. Batman is no match for Superman. Period. Boring or unrealistic movie ahead. What's the Bat going to do, pull a Lex Luthor and get some Kryptonite? Please.
    There's actually entire genres of books, comics and fan discussions dedicated to this so it is not such a boring premise.

There's the whole Dark Knight Detective angle in which he discovers Superman/Clark Kent's identity, the whole Bruce Wayne having incredible resources/resources which are ahead of any world government or all world governments combined, sort of hinted at in a number of the recent films with the sonar device in Dark Knight and other IT based things in Dark Knight Rises, ie the key card which can wipe all records of you per se. Plus the more recent Son of Krypton movie had Superman as a more vulnerable character, effected by Kryptonian pollution, changes in the environment and not simply kryptonite.

I'm unsure its a versus match movie that is being planned, is it? Or rather a team up or first meeting idea, it would be no more versus match than The Avengers was versus match and it did have aspects of that.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

The comic itself set up some good reasons why Superman was also restraining himself and Bats wasn't. I thought it was a neat limited-issue series that gave a good view of how they viewed each other, as well as how they viewed themselves -- you actually get a sense of where Supes is coming from, even if Bats thinks he's just an "overgrown/overpowered Boy Scout."
    In Neil Gaimen's imagined "last comic" of Batman at which his arch enemies and allies assemble to witness the wake of a dead Batman Superman is featured as the most critical of Batman among all assembled there, contrasting a kind of purer than the driven snow ethic with Batman's although to be honest, a lot of the time Batman himself has a purer than driven snow ethic in contrast with others, for instance Frank Castle/The Punisher, and they have faced off against one another in a couple of comics, which were pretty good too.

Also in the Aliens vs. Predator Batman-Superman comics there is some interesting contrasts of what response both superheroes have to the aliens, Superman deciding that they all have a right to exist, feeling a bit of an alien himself, although it all being pretty easy for him because he is impervious to anything either of the alien species can do (this was different in another Superman vs the predator comic in which something from one of the predator ships disables or at least severely curtails Superman's powers), whereas Batman believes that there can be nothing at all gained by not simply wiping them out altogether, each being akin to some kind of WMD.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Fuck this shit.

I want Superman vs. Aquaman. Superman doesn't have GILLS dammit, does he. I also think commanding the beasts of an ocean is actually a pretty awesome power.... it's just that it only works in the ocean. But if you don't have GILLS it might be an even fight.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Fuck this shit.

I want Superman vs. Aquaman. Superman doesn't have GILLS dammit, does he. I also think commanding the beasts of an ocean is actually a pretty awesome power.... it's just that it only works in the ocean. But if you don't have GILLS it might be an even fight.
    Aquaman's intro into The New 52 JL was pretty awesome.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Aquaman's intro into The New 52 JL was pretty awesome.

Yeah, fuck this shit. Superman can't beat a fucking shark.... if Batman won't give him his shark repellent, he's SOL.

Green Lantern and Batman both seem like they're trying to not be upset now that they're useless.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78