First 89101112 Last

Thread: Elysium

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I once met a businessman who felt it was necessary to tell me I have no experience in business, and I should get a business degree like him, because he's a business professor and his net worth is 39087151-23098 dollars.

I told him, "your rental space is too expensive. sorry I'm not interested." And then I told him to get back to me when he wants to invest in my gym.

lol.
    According to statistics, the first corollary of a high socioeconomic status is education.

Go figure why!?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    According to statistics, the first corollary of a high socioeconomic status is education.

Go figure why!?
    Correllation does not equal causation, and a piece of paper doesn't say anything about experience.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Correllation does not equal causation, and a piece of paper doesn't say anything about experience.
    Certainly... but nonetheless, can you explain without demagoguery why the first corollary of a high socioeconomic status is education?

Why?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

@Blackmail! this argument is getting old... so put up, shut up. If you really are a French aristocratic professor, what's your name so I can google you and look at your research. You've made a lot of claims, let's see the support. I'm sure @DJ Arendee wouldn't mind having that info either.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    @Blackmail! this argument is getting old... so put up, shut up. If you really are a French aristocratic professor, what's your name so I can google you and look at your research. You've made a lot of claims, let's see the support. I'm sure @DJ Arendee wouldn't mind having that info either.
    Giving your real name to somebody who displays such agressive behaviour on a psychology forum is generally not a very good idea.

But nonetheless, it's not that difficult to find who I am. There are already a few residents of Typo-C who know my own facebook page, those I consider my friends.

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Giving your real name to somebody who displays such agressive behaviour on the internet is generally not a very good idea.

But nonetheless, it's not that difficult to find who I am. There are already a few residents of Typo-C who knows my own facebook page, those I consider my friends.
    I'll settle for empirical evidence. And it's more annoyed than aggressive. As you can see I haven't been using a ton of caps-lock and exclamation points. I merely ask that people support their claims with substantive evidence instead of subjective experience and hearsay.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'll settle for empirical evidence. And it's more annoyed than aggressive. As you can see I haven't been using a ton of caps-lock and exclamation points. I merely ask that people support their claims with substantive evidence instead of subjective experience and hearsay.
    You won't trick me that easily, you nasty little otter.

7w8 SCUxI

That's what annoys you?

It's not the liberal elite simultaneously bragging about their status and privilege while condemning how western society leeches off of the developing world?
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Certainly... but nonetheless, can you explain without demagoguery why the first corollary of a high socioeconomic status is education?

Why?
    I would only agree with you if we changed the word education to "knowledge," because supporting "education" is to support a grandfalloon. And if you think an abstract prestigious title means anything in the real world, keep dreaming.

I graduated the US naval academy and didn't know how to cook fried rice or use a staffing agency to find a job.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    That's what annoys you?

It's not the liberal elite simultaneously bragging about their status and privilege while condemning how western society leeches off of the developing world?
    Yeah that too. I think that's actually the part that set me off on this whole rant to begin with.