User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: INFP musicians?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Default INFP musicians?

I was just trying to organize my music collection (it's a mess) and dividing it by genres etc.. and then i thought about creating an INFP musician list. It seems logic, I have a lot of music like that.... so off the top of my head, i'd say

Cat Power

Fiona Apple

Jeff Buckley

Elliot Smith

Elisabeth Fraser (Cocteau Twins)

Kurt Cobain

more?

For instance, Antony+Johnsons seems like a 4w5, but I think he's INFJ and there's something too Fe about his music that strikes me as different from the other INFPs. Andrew Bird also comes to mind, but that's another case of someone that I think is a 4w5 but not really an INFP.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Sorry, all INFP musicians are actually INTPs. We stole them all. Kurt Cobain is a textbook INTP, as is John Lennon, Eminem, Tupac, Hank Williams, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix. INTPs actually invented music.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Sorry, all INFP musicians are actually INTPs. We stole them all. Kurt Cobain is a textbook INTP, as is John Lennon, Eminem, Tupac, Hank Williams, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix. INTPs actually invented music.
    It seems you've 'stolen' a bunch of SP musicians too.

The INTPs have got Black Francis, though. That's pretty cool.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    It seems you've 'stolen' a bunch of SP musicians too.

The INTPs have got Black Francis, though. That's pretty cool.
    In all honesty, I can think of only two or three Ti dom musicians, and at least one of them is an ISTP.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

no! dont tell me that... what did i even do to you?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    no! dont tell me that... what did i even do to you?
    Probably something along the lines of what Courtney Love did to Kurt Cobain. Clearly, there is nothing to indicate that Cobain was suicidal, so it must have been Courtney Love's doing.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Probably something along the lines of what Courtney Love did to Kurt Cobain. Clearly, there is nothing to indicate that Cobain was suicidal, so it must have been Courtney Love's doing.
    lol i'm slightly offended that you should compare me to c love or even consider her to be an ENFP. Also, as a nirvana fan myself, i've spent hours and hours trying to understand that whole story, but at the end of the day unfortunately i think he did it himself...

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    lol i'm slightly offended that you should compare me to c love or even consider her to be an ENFP. Also, as a nirvana fan myself, i've spent hours and hours trying to understand that whole story, but at the end of the day unfortunately i think he did it himself...
    Mostly, I just find the Courtney Love conspiracy theory bizarre, and wanted to bring that up. I don't know very much about her, but you probably are pretty different.

The theory is bizarre because, by all accounts, Kurt Cobain hated himself and wanted to die. He even wanted to call the last album "I hate myself and want to die."

Suicide really isn't that implausible.

Bringing things back on topic, I think the Mountain Goats guy is an INFP.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Mostly, I just find the Courtney Love conspiracy theory bizarre, and wanted to bring that up. I don't know very much about her, but you probably are pretty different.

The theory is bizarre because, by all accounts, Kurt Cobain hated himself and wanted to die. He even wanted to call the last album "I hate myself and want to die."

Suicide really isn't that implausible.

Bringing things back on topic, I think the Mountain Goats guy is an INFP.
    ah ah haven't listened to them in AGES. so, basically i give you kurt you give me the mountain goats guy? not sure that's enough... got anyone else?

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Naw, I 'm just messing around. Actually, I do think Kurt is an INFP.

Mountain Goats guy certainly is. He has that gift for florid, evocative language common to INFPs who are skilled at verbal expression.

Visit my Johari: