• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP musicians?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ah, okay, I see now why he didn't turn up- it's two T's Elliott.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about either of the members if Coco Rosie? I hate trying to type people I don't know, but they popped in my mind when I was reading this thread.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about either of the members if Coco Rosie? I hate trying to type people I don't know, but they popped in my mind when I was reading this thread.

oh. good idea. but i dont really get INFP from their music. the younger one maybe ExFP? (ENFP perhaps?) the older one seems more rational and poised...IxxJ? (INFJ perhaps?) who did you think was INFP? i've met them twice after shows and i remember they weren't the nicest bunch ever...especially the younger one, she seems quite moody, and I'd be surprised if she was an Fe-user.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
did we already talk about Antony Hegarty? (Antony and the Johnsons?) Could he be an INFP or am I confusing it with enneagram type 4? INFJ?!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. That wouldn't be why it's upsetting. A book is upsetting when it's poorly crafted, yanking the emotional world of the characters around like puppets on strings.

Haven't you ever had your own emotional world yanked around like strings? I like reading about that a little. It's more relatable.

Books that contain no rational threads connecting the narrative and emotional realm and tenor of the characters. Think of it like all the nitpicky Ti things that bug you about, oh, say M Night Shyamalan's movies. (I can provide another example if that doesn't 'click' for you.) Now, take that to the world of people. Those are the things that upset me anyway. There are diversities in characters for sure, but there's rules within that and you can't just break those rules willy-nilly.

So if.... the emotional element doesn't match the narrative element the way you'd expect? I like when things take an emotional twist like that. Life is like that, too.

I will also say I hate sticky books sometimes, that the emotional experience of it 'sticks' with me and intermingles with my own for longer than I want. Sometimes I have enough real-world emotions around me to deal with, I don't need to add those found in the fictional realm as well. I want to shake them off me, but I have to process them as thought they are my own.

I like them. It as though something has stormed the fortress and broken down the gate and made it's way in. That always warrants a tip of my hat. What's more, these intense emotions are entirely safe. I don't have to figure out or worry about what to do with them because the situations don't actually exist. They make me feel alive, but I don't feel like I'm really making myself vulnerable.

Regarding the topic: Cat Stevens... INFP, or INFJ? I'm gonna go with INFJ.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION], I was thinking of Bianca, the younger one. I agree that the older one seems more J. I guess ENFP is close. It's so cool that you've met them!! They're one of my favorite groups, and I've never even gotten to see them live! Did they cover 'Turn Me On' at all when you saw them? Was Antony there?

I really like Antony too. Maybe he is an INFP. I just feel like I haven't seen enough of him in interviews to say.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION]
Did they cover 'Turn Me On' at all when you saw them? Was Antony there?

I really like Antony too.

Ahah, yes they did :D It was hilarious, I love them. Love Antony too <3 (he wasnt there)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh. good idea. but i dont really get INFP from their music. the younger one maybe ExFP? (ENFP perhaps?) the older one seems more rational and poised...IxxJ? (INFJ perhaps?) who did you think was INFP? i've met them twice after shows and i remember they weren't the nicest bunch ever...especially the younger one, she seems quite moody, and I'd be surprised if she was an Fe-user.

oooh these people are interesting! i've never heard of them!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oooh these people are interesting! i've never heard of them!

oh you should you should! :D get their first album first! it's cool. it was mainly registered in the bathroom of bianca in paris and they use a lot of toys and other kirky "instruments". and i think they also have one one or two songs in collaboration with antony hegarty there (or maybe im just imagining too much)...it's called: La Maison de mon Rêve :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay is ben harper really an infp? what does everyone think?