Thread: INFP musicians?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I think Lennon is an ENTP. He had a lot of that Ne+sarcasm ENTP humor...I'm not really able to define it much more than that, but he just gives me the same impression as my ENTP friends.

PS: I don't know what that God rant was all about, but whatever it was, it was not Fi.
    I just find can't really figure out what the hell he's trying to say in interviews. NTPs... I usually get what they're doing even if I don't agree with it.

Explain what is NTP about this:

Quote Originally Posted by John Lennon
    Because we were performers - in spite of what Mick [Jagger] says about us - in Liverpool, Hamburg and other dance halls. What we generated was fantastic when we played straight rock, and there was nobody to touch us in Britain. As soon as we made it, we made it, but the edges were knocked off. You know, Brian put us in suits and all that, and we made it very, very big. But we sold out, you know. The music was dead before we even went on the theater tour of Britain. We were feeling shit already, because we had to reduce an hour or two hours' playing, which we were glad about in one way, to twenty minutes, and we would go on and repeat the same twenty minutes every night. The Beatles' music died then, as musicians. That's why we never improved as musicians; we killed ourselves then to make it. And that was the end of it.
    I don't know what he's talking about. the music was dead? I can't picture an NTP ever saying such a thing. Nothing about that makes any sense to me at all. It sounds like some Fi/enneagram 4 deal that I'm never going to make sense of, no matter how hard I try.

By comparison, Harrison's rambling about God actually makes perfect sense to me. He likes meditation because he directly feels something profound, spiritual, and peaceful, rather than having some priest telling him to just take his word for it. I meditate, and while I wouldn't say that's my reason for meditating, I can get why someone would say that. INFJ.

Regarding what Nintje said, all the examples I'm thinking of are women.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a female INFP who is more than okay with the 'dark' side, but yeah, INFP guys can be incredibly in touch with not only the more unpleasant aspects of life, but able to articulate them in incredibly moving ways.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I'm a female INFP who is more than okay with the 'dark' side, but yeah, INFP guys can be incredibly in touch with not only the more unpleasant aspects of life, but able to articulate them in incredibly moving ways.
    Actually, yeah. That's true with a lot of the NFP musicians I like... the music isn't necessarily the most positive 100% of the time. But the INFPs I've known don't like them for that reason.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Actually, yeah. That's true with a lot of the NFP musicians I like... the music isn't necessarily the most positive 100% of the time. But the INFPs I've known don't like them for that reason.
    I say we take away their INFP cards. It's one of the things I like best about my type, the almost stereotypical ability to roll around like a pig in mud in misery, melancholy and all things death and depressing. You know, before getting back to the rainbows and sunshine.

I'm not sure if he is and INFP or not, but Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins always wrote in a way I could relate to.

Probably the best Pumpkins albums came from a time period where he was married to someone who hated his music and from interviews largely seemed to be in an unhappy marriage (Gish, Siamese Dream and Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness).

Then he got separated, fell in love with someone who loved him back and wrote terrible, terrible music.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    I say we take away their INFP cards. It's one of the things I like best about my type, the almost stereotypical ability to roll around like a pig in mud in misery, melancholy and all things death and depressing. You know, before getting back to the rainbows and sunshine.

I'm not sure if he is and INFP or not, but Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins always wrote in a way I could relate to. Probably the best Pumpkins albums came from a time period where he was married to someone who hated his music and from interviews largely seemed like an unhappy marriage.

It's positive and it's not. Brilliant.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Today is the greatest
    Day I've never known
    Can't wait for tomorrow
    I might not have that long
    I'll tear my heart out
    Before I get out

Pink ribbon scars
    That never forget
    I tried so hard
    To cleanse these regrets
    My angel wings
    Were bruised and restrained
    My belly stings.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

nope, it's ever.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

One verse is ever, the next is never.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Today is the greatest
    Day I've ever known
    Can't live for tomorrow,
    Tomorrow's much too long
    I'll burn my eyes out
    Before I get out

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I stand corrected.

Visit my Johari: