Thread: INFP musicians?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I guess I'm not sure if you consider Brock to be a good musician or not, but his songwriting does convey emotion to me. I'm not sure if it translates well to non-Ti doms/inferior Fe types, though.
    They're a pretty good band, IMO. I always get a sense of "frustration" as the main emotion in Ti songwriting.

Lots of ENTPs are in music...

As for INTPs:

David Byrne (Talking Heads) is very likely INTP. His blog is a great example of Ne-aux: http://journal.davidbyrne.com/

Frank Black of the Pixies is probably INTP (maybe ENTP though).

These guys have been really influential on other musicians. I think their lyrics are fantastic. I like that it's not all about love & emotion.

Is the Tallest Man on Earth INFP? I could see that.
    The dude who saved the dolphin? I hope so
    That was the best fluff news story EVER. The sheer absurdity of it MUST be connected to Ne.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Epiphany

Here's an awkward interview. He kinda reminds me of Marlon Brando in some way.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think ENFP.
    I'll happily claim her for my fellow ENFPs then! Damn, I wish I had more to contribute to the thread though. But then again I guess leave it to an ENFP to think it a good idea to write all her music while hungover.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

The dude who saved the dolphin? I hope so
    That was the best fluff news story EVER. The sheer absurdity of it MUST be connected to Ne.
    No... this guy:

[Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No... this guy:
    Oh, a musician! I thought that was a random thing to bring up . But really, the tallest guy on earth...what IS his type?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Sorry, all INFP musicians are actually INTPs. We stole them all. Kurt Cobain is a textbook INTP, as is John Lennon, Eminem, Tupac, Hank Williams, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix. INTPs actually invented music.
    Those are all socionics IEI's. Ni Fe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Am I in bizarro world here?

Why does it seem like this is the only forum where my conception of INFJ is what everyone else thinks is INFP, and what I think INFP, everyone thinks INFJ?

It wasn't like this until I joined this forum. Does everyone here go by kiersey or something? Cuz in that case I'm an ENTJ.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Those are all socionics IEI's. Ni Fe.
    Socionics INFps are MBTI INFjs. The J and P in socionics refers to whether the dominant function is rational or irrational.

Why would you think they are INFJs?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Socionics INFps are MBTI INFjs. The J and P in socionics refers to whether the dominant function is rational or irrational.

Why would you think they are INFJs?
    I'm not even going to talk about it, because everyone's understanding of introverts functions is so ass backwards I'm just going to incite a riot and insult everyone's current understanding of typology.

In short, Ni is a perception function that percieves an overall picture across a larger timespan, while Se is a very point specific perception that is timeless.

The two functions are interconnected. INFJ's are often "the muses" or "the romanticists" as socionics puts it. In my understanding, every one of the artists you mentioned check my box for INFJ musicians.

As for INTP artists, I'd look more toward people like Seven Wilson of porcupine tree.

As for INFP musicians, i'd look toward bands like "Sigur Ros."

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'm not even going to talk about it, because everyone's understanding of introverts functions is so ass backwards I'm just going to incite a riot and insult everyone's current understanding of typology.

In short, Ni is a perception function that percieves an overall picture across a larger timespan, while Se is a very point specific perception that is timeless.

The two functions are interconnected. INFJ's are often "the muses" or "the romanticists" as socionics puts it. In my understanding, every one of the artists you mentioned check my box for INFJ musicians.

As for INTP artists, I'd look more toward people like Seven Wilson of porcupine tree.

As for INFP musicians, i'd look toward bands like "Sigur Ros."
    The speakers I have access to are shitty so I can't investigate.

I should clear up something about my list of INTP musicians. I basically just threw together some random artists who I knew were definitely not INTPs, and called them INTPs. It's basically a parody of how some INTPs people take every celebrity or character they like and make them INTPs. I know, it wasn't funny. Basically, I don't know if they're all INFPs, but I know they aren't INTPs. I'm inclined to think Jimi is an ISxP and not an intuitive at all.

The only INTP musician I know of is Isaac Brock.

Personally, I have a hard time distinguishing Ni and Fi because they both seem "out there" to me. And they are "out there" in a sincere way, not out there in the playful Ne-Ti way.

The only thing that I can determine is that I tend to find INFJs easier to understand than INFPs, or even INTJs, but I'm not sure why this is.

If you do want to destroy my understanding of typology, I'm actually open. As an extrovert, you probably have way more real life data points. I accept the challenge.

Visit my Johari: