• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is house music for morons?

House music, the symphony of morons?

• Total voters

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I read a scientific study that shows that a full 65% of wrongful arrests were committed by police officers who were listening to 'Party Rock Anthem' and dancing in their squad cars by the side of the road when they got the initial call from dispatch.

wolfy

awsm
I read a scientific study that shows that a full 65% of wrongful arrests were committed by police officers who were listening to 'Party Rock Anthem' and dancing in their squad cars by the side of the road when they got the initial call from dispatch.

Haha, make for a great video.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think categorizing any type of music as 'for morons' is, well, moronic.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tried to access the studies proving that house music is for morons, and I found out I no longer had access to the required electronic journals. These journals have become so exclusive they no longer have abstracts, even. Regrettably, it seems that the rich field of House Music Intelligence Studies is closed off to me. I wonder if the debate about whether or not the Capitol Steps count as House music has been resolved? It does appear to be moronic, and they do seem to have songs dealing with a particular House perhaps one containing representatives.

Last edited:

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think categorizing any type of music as 'for morons' is, well, moronic.

Not true, maybe the formulation of it is simplistic, but I think its fairly true that some styles of music are inferior to others by their lyrics and instrumentals. With some styles of music it depends, but with others its an easy answer.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who else employed repetition. Jim Henson... Bringing joy to kids around the world....

I love this so much. I was singing it to myself the other day. This one and Ragg Mopp.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Is that the song that goes "bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna doooo"??

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Scientific studies have determined that this is an objective reality, but do people agree with objective reality, or do they insist in living in a magic subjective fantasy world?

By the way, I can't post links to those scientifc studies right now because I have chicken grease all over my fingers and don't want to mess up my keyboard.

lmao.

I always felt it was the music of gay black people, but never morons.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I didn't realize "Get Lucky" was considered house music. I like that song. I think of house music as a 1980s/90s phenomenon, but I'm not like a musicologist or anything. I guess people are still making it. In any case, I like most forms of electronic music though there is A LOT of crap, and I couldn't always tell you which subgenre I'm listening to at any given time. Not usually for dedicated listening without another activity (e.g. dancing/exercising), except for the more nuanced kinds. These are not really that nuanced at all, but they're really good workout songs:

BTW, my sister pointed out that in the extended version of "Get Lucky," the robot voice sounds like it's saying "We'll rub a Mexican monkey" and now I can't hear it any other way.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For morons, no. I enjoy a good house beat for sure, but the mood has to be right. I'm not putting on some house music and meditating or going on a bike ride. I'm probably turning it up and driving fast to work, cleaning my house or getting ready to go out for the night, or actually being out for the night and letting the beat take over. It definitely satisfies something a little primal in me or whatever, so yeah, it's not like intellectually stimulating. But you don't need to be a moron to want to feel the bass vibrate inside your body. I like to think there are more layers to the human psyche than this idea implies.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Is that the song that goes "bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna doooo"??

It should be.

Not house music but I like this reggae thing...

also listening to this I'm expecting the voiceover to come over COPS is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement... and cut to commercial break

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it's for morons. In fact, some of the smartest people I know listen to it. I tried searching articles about it, but up till now I could only find articles on music preference and personality (mostly concluding people who like dance are more extraverted and agreeable). Anyways, I'll tell you when I find something useful.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ This thread was a pathetic attempt to troll an INTJ I was arguing with, who liked Daft Punk. The argument ended, but somehow, this thread took on a life of it's own.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ This thread was a pathetic attempt to troll an INTJ I was arguing with, who liked Daft Punk. The argument ended, but somehow, this thread took on a life of it's own.

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread.