• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Daft Punk is overrated.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So was Hips Don't Lie. That song also sucked.

Songs of the summer suck.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
moon2o.jpg

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Oh gosh, I can't handle the crap Green Day song reference in a thread about music sucking. It's too much. I must speak out against that song.

I love the band, but not that album.

A somewhat caustic friend of mine once called it "the soundtrack to the invasion of Iraq".

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love the band, but not that album.

A somewhat caustic friend of mine once called it "the soundtrack to the Iraq war". Says it all.

Oh yeah early Green Day is awesome. That single especially, since its like omnipresent, sucks balls.

I don't know if I have heard the whole album, but I imagine it blows about as hard as the Iraq war.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yeah early Green Day is awesome. That single especially, since its like omnipresent, sucks balls.

I don't know if I have heard the whole album, but I imagine it blows about as hard as the Iraq war.

Another big one from that album is Boulevard of Broken Dreams if you've heard that one. :D And I think American Idiot goes without saying. The rest of the album tracks kind of fade into obscurity.

My personal favorite is She's a Rebel.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Another big one from that album is Boulevard of Broken Dreams if you've heard that one. :D And I think American Idiot goes without saying. The rest of the album tracks kind of fade into obscurity.

My personal favorite is She's a Rebel.

Lol! I think I was thinking of them as the same song. I don't know She's a Rebel or St. Jimmy, so it seems like I'm just reacting to those two songs. I extra hate it when good bands go bad. I get for real disappointed in them.

Edit: just re-read your post [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], and American Idoit was the title track, wasn't it? This is hilarious right now! I seriously had no separation of those three songs in my head. I dunno if that's a worse sign for the album or my brain, hah!

[MENTION=19700]Lyedecker[/MENTION], I like Nimrod, but that's where I stop. Maybe it's proportionate to our age difference? :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stopped listening to Green Day after Kerplunk and Dookie. I feel old.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Lol! I think I was thinking of them as the same song. I don't know She's a Rebel or St. Jimmy, so it seems like I'm just reacting to those two songs. I extra hate it when good bands go bad. I get for real disappointed in them.

:thinking: Hmm I just gave the album a listen and it was "Jesus of Suburbia" which I liked, not St Jimmy.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why are people ripping on Green Day in this thread? I'm pretty sure they are the purest, most authentic example of punk music out there, at least after Blink-182.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are people ripping on Green Day in this thread? I'm pretty sure they are the purest, most authentic example of punk music out there, at least after Blink-182.

I love Blink. :wubbie: We need a thread for appreciating them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. People need to know what real punk music sounds like. Perhaps we should create a Blink/Greenday subforum?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Why is this their most well known song again?

I'm not saying Daft Punk is overrated, but I do think this song is used a bit too much sometimes.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

:rolleyes:

Your act is getting extremely annoying man. (SRS)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:rolleyes:

Your act is getting extremely annoying man. (SRS)

Whatever. I can't believe that you are jealous that I am more punk than you. Don't judge me just because I'm really passionate about indie music. Once, I heard this shitty band called The Ramones that totally ripped off of Green Day. It made me angry, actually, how anyone could be such blatant thieves. I punched a hole in the while because it was so offensive. As someone who is knowledgeable about punk, it seemed quite wrong.