User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I don't know...looks pretty good...

Apocalypse is gonna be the big baddie in the sequel. Excited about that.

How long before they throw the Savage Land up in this bitch?
    I wanna see the green pterodactyl and loin cloth guy with his saber tooth tiger and shit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Why hasn't Kazar had his own movie yet??

(And wasn't the green pterodactyl guy's name Sauron?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Well although they are changing the story a bit a lot I think this version would be better.

X-Men first class was one of the best in the series and the cast was really good (as good as the original; and that's a lot to say).

If the story was kept unchanged they wouldn't be able to use that brilliant cast.

Edit - If I am to rank the movies it would be:

First class = X2, Wolverine 2, > X1 > X3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wolverine 1.

Edit 2 -

First class > X2 = Wolverine 2, > X1 > X3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>> Wolverine 1.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Well, I own all the X-Mens from something like issue #115 - #300, a number of other "X" series from the same time period (they had a glut - I even have Sienkewicz's run on the New Mutants which I hated at the time since I was young and now think is awesome). The X-Men were my series. I even picked up Joss Whedon's run in Astonishing X-Men, which I thought was pretty decent even if it was kind of retcon'ed shortly after due to the situation with Kitty.

As far as the movies go, First Class was probably the best of the bunch... but I have no interest in rewatching it, and never even bothered with X3, I think I saw X1 twice and X2 once. Even with First Class being the best, I have little interest in watching it again nor much interest in DoFP... I don't know if I'll see it at this point due to the refocus on Wolverine, who I'm kind of tired of being the star. (Damn John Byrne. Damn him to hell. ) I just don't like the X-Men translations to big-screen that much.

I think most favorite superhero adaptations were Iron Man (the first one) and The Avengers (and Spiderman 2 by Raimi). The Avengers is more a popcorn movie for me, but dayum, that fight in NYC was perfect Avengers. And it's funny because I was never a big Avengers comic fan.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

^ did you like the ultimate x-men series?

I heard it was good until the end or did it end?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't remember anything about it or what exactly it was.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (And wasn't the green pterodactyl guy's name Sauron?)
    Yes. I read recently about the focus on Wolverine...the reason they chose Wolverine instead of Shadowcat was because Kitty Pryde hadn't even been born in the 70s...makes sense to me. Wolverine is a perfect bridge for the two continuities as well. I feel the focus will be more on Prof. X and Magneto with Logan as a sort of mediator. Mystique also appears to have a fairly large part (and have sinister motives that even threaten Magneto)...this is great as she was the primary antagonist in this storyline. I doubt Wolverine will be the "main" character.

Either way, judging from the trailer it appears to keep the adaptation fairly close to the comic.
    At least I hope, better than The Wolverine. They strayed waaaaaay too far away from Miller's run.

As for your ranking Riva: Switch First Class with X2 and you'd have my list.
    X2 was pure cinematic bliss. The opening Nightcrawler sequence alone crushes any action scene in the past 15 years.

First Class was still aces, though.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is that Bishop at 1:38?

And what male character is phasing him in and out a la Kitty Pride?

Interesting take on the Sentinels... that was my big question mark about this story...

Looks like there are multiple versions: present day and future...

We see a lot more of the future ones in the trailer...

Present day versions look more a la comics/cartoon but still aren't nearly as big...

That was my main question mark... cuz the size of em in the comics and cartoon is just totally not feasible...

Always wanted to see Wolverine tear apart a big ass sentinel on the big screen though... too bad

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Is that Bishop at 1:38?
    Yes.

And what male character is phasing him in and out a la Kitty Pride?
    ...Kitty Pryde aka Shadowcat. Not a male.

Interesting take on the Sentinels... that was my big question mark about this story...
    Not a fan. I want building-sized ROBOTS...not nanotech Borg bots.

Looks like there are multiple versions: present day and future...
    Yes. They're mostly keeping the Sentinels 1.0 out of marketing.

We see a lot more of the future ones in the trailer...

Present day versions look more a la comics/cartoon but still aren't nearly as big...

That was my main question mark... cuz the size of em in the comics and cartoon is just totally not feasible...
    Doesn't matter. I want building sized robots.
    Verisimilitude is not necessary when people can shoot lasers out of their eyes.

Always wanted to see Wolverine tear apart a big ass sentinel on the big screen though... too bad
    You know, now that I think of it I'm not such a big fan of "sending" Wolverine back in time.

If you're fan of the comic run, you'll understand why.
    His "confrontation" with the sentinel in the Baxter Building was one of the all time great moments in comics.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter Arachnid View Post
    Yes. I read recently about the focus on Wolverine...the reason they chose Wolverine instead of Shadowcat was because Kitty Pryde hadn't even been born in the 70s...makes sense to me.
    Yeah. Because they changed the story around backwards.

kinda lost my interest -- they could have called it something completely different, but what they did was swipe the name for press and then change everything around so it's not the story they named it after. It could be a decent story in its own right, who knows?