• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What was the first video game you played and completed?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm curious, and does it have a special place in your heart? Mine was Metroid II on the original game boy

billygoat

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4?9
I'll start by saying, technically, it's Super Mario Bros. but that really, really doesn't count, okay? It just doesn't. So there.

Therefore:

Mega Man 3.

Still my favourite game from one of my favourite (now sadly, all but dead) video game series'. I know it like the back of my hand and it can still hand me my arse even to this day. Just sublime.

93JC

Hmm... I'm not sure exactly but I think it was The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It took months and months and months to finish.

It does hold a special place in my heart. I'm not sure how to describe it at the moment, I might elaborate later.

EDIT: I also want to add that I have never finished a Super Mario Bros. game.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are the items in the title separate? Because the first game I played was Super Mario Bros 3, and I was three years old and had a very difficult time with simple tasks.

The first game I beat I think was Donky Kong Country.

DKC is okay, and SMB 3 is still possibly the greatest platformer of all time, and yet I can't say either one has a special place in m heart, per se.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
196035-bubble_bobble_01.gif

Last edited:

MetalMoon

Pokemon Leaf Green. Aye, I fondly remember the days of Pokemon. I miss that game. What a blast.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Maybe I'm weird, but I normally don't complete video games. I get to a point where it's too difficult to go further, and I'm satisfied simply replaying it. Other games can't even be completed. Take The Sims for example.

Dunno if it counts as a video game, but when I was little I was really into these point-and-click series of games by Humongous Entertainment.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pokemon yellow on my gameboy color. My friend sent me his Dragonair to help me beat the elite four.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Are the items in the title separate? Because the first game I played was Super Mario Bros 3, and I was three years old and had a very difficult time with simple tasks.

The first game I beat I think was Donky Kong Country.

DKC is okay, and SMB 3 is still possibly the greatest platformer of all time, and yet I can't say either one has a special place in m heart, per se.

together, the first game i actually recall playing was the game with the bricks that you smash with a ball

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Asteroid, Breakout, or Pitfall.

Don't ask me, that was so long ago in the scale of human evolution that it's part of my reptilian brain.

Hah! Tomb Raider. :)

N00b.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:laugh: Quite true. But it was my brother who always got the gaming systems--my sisters and I had to either watch him play, or sneak in play time when he wasn't around. I never actually completed a game from start to finish until Tomb Raider.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never completed a video game, except as a secondary observer contributing to "Siberia" years ago with Martoon.