User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

Oh, lord. I'm personally thankful for that. These two movies have been too good to be concerned with shallow, pandering shit.
    Hah, yeah, really I agree. But Catwoman does need to make an appearance... She's a main villain. I also want Penguin in the series, more so than Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    The Riddler is a favorite villain of mine, but I keep thinking of the campy television riddler and its hard to put that one in the current Gotham.
    The Riddler is a real cool villain and despite his "campy" personality in the television series and the 'Batman Forever' movie (lol Jim Carrey), I think he has potential to kick some azz seeing as how they're doing a pretty good job with casting and the script thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???
    No. He just played the part well... I say that and I'm not even a "Ledger fan" per se. I think the only other movie I saw him in was 'The Patriot' and it was a minor role.

MBTI
    ENTP

We need Bane... an intelligent, brutal, freak Bane as he was in the Knightfall comics...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???
    I did not like Heath Ledger at all, and I was sure this movie was going to be lame.

Perhaps that is why I enjoyed it so much.. I wasn't expecting to be impressed.

*notice the "did". I am a convert.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    We need Bane... an intelligent, brutal, freak Bane as he was in the Knightfall comics...
    I was thinking about that... Only two problems:

How do we make the audience care? The big issue here is that it will be hard to throw in yet another villain and bring some sense of meaning with him( a problem for any new villain, really)

The publicists have their work cut out for them. Most people don't know Bane, and most of those who do will know him by his watered down depictions in the cartoons, or even worse, his insignificant part in Batman and Robin. They'll have a task they didn't have with the Joker and Two Face, in that they will have to introduce the character. They also won't have the crutch that Batman Begins had, where the villains didn't matter as much because it was a genesis story.

Hmmm...

I suppose the mistake here is that we shouldn't even be asking who the next villain is. We should be asking what the concept of the next film is going to be, because without knowing that, we can't pick a villain that makes sense.

For example, in Batman Begins, as I pointed out, the plot is focused on the process of Batman becoming the legend that he is. It's the genesis story. The movie also has an abstract theme, which is fear. It's about how fear stifles and paralyzes people, but as Batman demonstrates, can also be redirected for the purpose of empowerment.

Then, The Dark Knight. The focus of the plot this time is Batman having his role in the city fully underway, and confronting the awful implications of the mantle he as taken up. He started it in the last movie, now he has to face it in this one. The abstract theme is chaos. With the reigns of fear removed from the city, everything goes nuts. It not only results in people trying to take stands and make power-plays all over the place, it allows openings for lunatics like the Joker. Is it worth it?

So... What is the plot focus and the abstract theme of the third film going to be?
    And what color will it be? Anyone notice that Batman Begins had a lot of yellow imagery, while The Dark Knight had a lot of blue imagery?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I think Catwoman and the Riddler could work well in the next movie. Neither are fantastical villains, a realistic plot could be created for them. The Riddler would have to be the dominant villain since Catwoman, she's a jewel thief, who cares? So the Riddler could terrorize Gotham while Catwoman is Batman's personal problem as he has work to do and wants to bone her but she's a criminal and he's a goody-goody.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I was thinking about that... Only two problems:

How do we make the audience care? The big issue here is that it will be hard to throw in yet another villain and bring some sense of meaning with him( a problem for any new villain, really)

The publicists have their work cut out for them. Most people don't know Bane, and most of those who do will know him by his watered down depictions in the cartoons, or even worse, his insignificant part in Batman and Robin. They'll have a task they didn't have with the Joker and Two Face, in that they will have to introduce the character. They also won't have the crutch that Batman Begins had, where the villains didn't matter as much because it was a genesis story.

Hmmm...
    Well, as a true Batman fan (meaning I read the comics... in my case from the time I was old enough to read)... I appreciated the fact that they brought in R'as al Ghul... I think we need to take the movies as self-existent entities... for instance, Bane could be brought in just as he was in Knightfall, new and yet utterly frightening... lucifer ex machina, as it were. gotta leave now but will be back to talk about the 'tone' of the movies.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ISTx

Today: Batman star Christian Bale arrested over claims he assaulted his own mother and sister

Batman star Christian Bale arrested over claims he assaulted his own mother and sister| Showbiz | This is London

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I just heard that on the radio and was going to post it here. Very weird. I had always heard what a family man he is. Maybe there's a grudge, whatever it is there's certainly more to the story than we know.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah, I'm not typically one for celebrity gossip but I'm interested to know the story behind this.

MBTI
    INXP

I'm interested too! He always seemed to get on with his Mum, from what I can remember.

That's what celebrity will do for you.. don't imagine it's all smoke without fire if he was arrested.