User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Did anyone else almost want to see Tommy Lee Jones with half a purple face in this movie?

Of course you didn't. I didn't either.

Really, I did : (

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Did anyone else almost want to see Tommy Lee Jones with half a purple face in this movie?
    I wonder if Mr. Freeze will be the villain in the next movie?

MBTI
    ISTx

I hope the Governator is in it, and a gnarly action/fight scene with ice skates.

I could go for some catwoman action in the next movie.

MBTI
    ISTx

^Ahh hell yeah. This current series is lacking in the babe factor. I'm down with the cat making an appearance.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I just got back from seeing it, and thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I had high expectations after the last one, and this one met and exceeded my expectations despite being concerned that a non-Nicholson joker would be a disappointment. I do agree with the sad aftertaste effect about thinking this will be Ledgers last movie, but during the movie itself, I was able to only focus on enjoying the movie and thats a pretty remarkable thing with how distracted I've felt the last couple weeks. It was also one of those rare cases where I want to see the movie again and I'm looking forward to the DVD as much as the theatre release to re-watch it with rewind in hand - I feel like theres a lot of subtle stuff to catch the second or fifth watch through in this one.

I loved the pen scene, I was not sure what to expect from the early mini-spoiler in this thread, but that was not it, and I (and most of the theatre) laughed at that one.

The Riddler is a favorite villain of mine, but I keep thinking of the campy television riddler and its hard to put that one in the current Gotham.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I wonder if Mr. Freeze will be the villain in the next movie?
    No. No Freeze, No Ivy. colorful mad scientists with super powers aren't going to work in the world Nolan created.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    ^Ahh hell yeah. This current series is lacking in the babe factor. I'm down with the cat making an appearance.
    Oh, lord. I'm personally thankful for that. These two movies have been too good to be concerned with shallow, pandering shit.

The Riddler is a favorite villain of mine, but I keep thinking of the campy television riddler and its hard to put that one in the current Gotham.
    Yeah, I don't think that's going to work. Guys like the Riddler as well as the Penguin, or say the Ventriloquist, are just too hokey for the third film.

Also, super natural stuff is out of the question. No Clayface, no Man-bat, and no Killer Croc. Now I'm fine with that. I wouldn't want any characters that would distort the feel that Nolan has created, but like I said, by killing Two Face, I really don't know what they can do for the third film.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Peed out of sardonic laughter, disgust, or because you died and your bladder emptied?

It's directed by McG...if one thing will kill you (or any of us), it's that fact alone.
    LOL!!!!

I actually thought Hellboy II was the best comic book movie this year, so far, however.
    From a reliable source, (other than you, of course ), that's what I heard.

I honestly don't get why people are treating this film as anything more than a summer popcorn movie. It was good, but it wasn't that good.
    Yeah, my sister and her boyfriend were both unimpressed.

I am debating whether or not to go see it. :/

I am incredibly critical of movies, i.e. most render this ====> response out of me, and I also try to steer clear of dark and depressing movies, too.

Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 07-21-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merged posts
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wait, Christopher Nolan directed Memento, didn't he.

Yeah, that movie didn't make my dick hard.

*goes to geek out on imdb*

Yup, I was right, and he directed Insomnia, which I saw in the theatre, and which also did not make my dick hard.

Hmmmm.....
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Perhaps, due to Ledger's untimely tragic death, people are subconsciously glorifying him, his role and the movie???
    I think that this is part of the hype and why people are going to see it. I commented on that to my friend with whom I saw the movie. I think a lot of people who die young in the entertainment industry have a kind of narrative built up around them about how talented they were.

But I do believe that Heath Ledger was genuinely gifted and that nobody has played the Joker as well as he did in The Dark Knight. He really did nail it.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.