First 34567 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I can honestly say that I've never seen anything with Heath Ledger other than this film.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I can honestly say that I've never seen anything with Heath Ledger other than this film.
    Yeah, I haven't seen much of his stuff either. He was in 'The Patriot'...

That 'Watchmen' trailer did look rad, so did the Terminator one.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I honestly don't get why people are treating this film as anything more than a summer popcorn movie. It was good, but it wasn't that good.
    It was MUCH Deeper than a "summer popcorn movie", this movie was too good to eat popcorn to. Did you not catch the many cases of Symbolism and the Joker's dialogue?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Uber thinks symbolism is passive-aggressive.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Hated this movie. Saw it last night and almost couldn't wait to get out of the theater. I was really looking forward to seeing it, too. My mood wasn't great, but this movie wasn't, either. Maybe I missed the intended tone and feel of this movie, but it somehow depressed me a little.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I saw the movie on Friday. It was great. As someone that loves psychology, sociology, and moral philosophy, I really appreciated all the scenarios and questions that put forward regarding those subjects. Of course, the acting was great, and the movie was technically sound.

SPOILERS BELOW

Subtle enough?
    My only disappointent is that it seems like they burned enough material for two films in the span of one. For instance, I'm pretty damn sure that they killed Harvey Dent, and I don't like that. How much screen time did Two Face get? How much impact did he have? He is one of the deepest and most important characters in the franchise, and they did so little with him. He could easily carry the plurality of a whole film by himself... Tisk, tisk.
    Also, since there's almost inevitably going to be a third one, I don't know what the hell they are going to do to make it worth while.

Didn't the Joker's last scene seem a little weird? Did they shoot him? That would seem odd, and it would seemt to defeat a lot of points. On the other hand, if they took him to Arkham or something, why wouldn't he just manage to break out again? A little bothered by the lack of closure there.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hated this movie. Saw it last night and almost couldn't wait to get out of the theater. I was really looking forward to seeing it, too. My mood wasn't great, but this movie wasn't, either. Maybe I missed the intended tone and feel of this movie, but it somehow depressed me a little.
    We don't like your kind round this thread! lol jk, yea I think you need to re-watch it in a good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I saw the movie on Friday. It was great. As someone that loves psychology, sociology, and moral philosophy, I really appreciated all the scenarios and questions that put forward regarding those subjects. Of course, the acting was great, and the movie was technically sound.

SPOILERS BELOW

Subtle enough?
    My only disappointent is that it seems like they burned enough material for two films in the span of one. For instance, I'm pretty damn sure that they killed Harvey Dent, and I don't like that. How much screen time did Two Face get? How much impact did he have? He is one of the deepest and most important characters in the franchise, and they did so little with him. He could easily carry the plurality of a whole film by himself... Tisk, tisk.
    Also, since there's almost inevitably going to be a third one, I don't know what the hell they are going to do to make it worth while.

Didn't the Joker's last scene seem a little weird? Did they shoot him? That would seem odd, and it would seemt to defeat a lot of points. On the other hand, if they took him to Arkham or something, why wouldn't he just manage to break out again? A little bothered by the lack of closure there.
    SPOILERS BELOW

Yea I was a little disappointed that Two Face died so quickly, but, I instantly recognized that if they put him in a second Dark Knight movie it would be Too similar to what happened in Spiderman. Plus, they've got a Ton of other great villains to work with, Penguin, Riddler, etc.

They didn't shoot him, the SWAT guys grabbed him and unhooked him from hanging upsidedown. Yea I was thinking that if they took him to prison he'd escape, I mean its The Joker, buttttttt without Heath Ledger I doubt they'll bring him back

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Yeah, I haven't seen much of his stuff either. He was in 'The Patriot'...

That 'Watchmen' trailer did look rad, so did the Terminator one.
    You can't have a Terminator movie without Arnold.

They should have stopped after Terminator 2.

However, I'll probably end up seeing this fourth installment, as ILM is returning to do the special effects, which will likely be the film's redeeming quality.

The Spirit looks awesome, too!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I love Keanu so I am looking forward to seeing The Day the Earth Stood Still. I'm in love with Christian Bale and can't wait to see Terminator Salvation. The Spirit looks awesome too.
    Time is a delicate mistress.