• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your favourite........ METAL!

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Geonat

Yes, I know the video is hopelessly embarrasing :) and that it barely qualifies under the thread title
But apart from that - this one hit wonder still gives me goose bumps all over - euphoria...

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stoner metal - The pinnacle of music written amidst a thick joint haze.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess this kind of counts as industrial metal....

yeghor

Alternative, molten lead:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
These metal puns are PURE GOLD

I prefer Titanium

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Where's [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION]? :newwink:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Some metal without words

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Is that Gallium?

If so that is also my choice, I love a metal that can melt in your hand.

I had this idea a while back when I saw a video on youtube showing how gallium destabilises other metals it comes into contact with and I wondered if I could engineer a sort of...giant glue gun with a backpack full of heated gallium. Then soldiers could be trained to sneak into enemy camps and inject it into bunkers, guns and tanks...etc...

My naive idea was that this could lessen the need to kill each other or blow up the tanks and other stuff. Disarmament before
conflict. Would probably work better in hotter locations.

á´…eparted

passages
Is that Gallium?

If so that is also my choice, I love a metal that can melt in your hand.

I had this idea a while back when I saw a video on youtube showing how gallium destabilises other metals it comes into contact with and I wondered if I could engineer a sort of...giant glue gun with a backpack full of heated gallium. Then soldiers could be trained to sneak into enemy camps and inject it into bunkers, guns and tanks...etc...

My naive idea was that this could lessen the need to kill each other or blow up the tanks and other stuff. Disarmament before
conflict. Would probably work better in hotter locations.

Nope, that's a lump of palladium. The best metal there is :D.

Gallium is really good at forming amalgams with other metals (most of which are very soft and have little strucutral integrity). You can do a very similar thing between alumnium and mercury.

It's also not quite that simple. Most metals form something called a passivation layer (a layer of thin oxide which protects the actual metal itself). You need to first etch the surface to remove a thin layer of oxide before another material can attack it.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nope, that's a lump of palladium. The best metal there is :D.
No the best metal is Amon Amarth. Listening to them makes me want to grab an axe and hop on the nearest Viking ship.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
It's been 19 years since At the Gates has released a track. Couldn't be happier with the sound of this. Classic.