5 41.67%
  • book

7 58.33%
  • neither i'm a neatherthal that doesn't read

0 0%
123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default books vs e readers which do you prefer?

I prefer e-readers cuz i always get crap on my books or something and than with the kindle I can just wipe it off. Don't ask me how i get stuff on things i don't know. although if its for a class or something like that i prefer real books so i can hi-light and leave notes in the margin. Margin and maragine look very similar to me by the way. I like the idea of have a stick of maragirine too the side and leaving little notes, but than someone would come and use it to cook with even though i prefer butter. anyways I prefer e-readers maybe i've always prefered the future over the past/present. though i am learning to appreciate the present.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I prefer books.. I don't like depending too too much on expensive fancypants technology, I guess.

I like the feel of a book in my hands, I can;t explain why right now, but I'll reflect on it & add more here, later, perhaps.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I prefer books.. I don't like depending too too much on expensive fancypants technology, I guess.

I like the feel of a book in my hands, I can;t explain why right now, but I'll reflect on it & add more here, later, perhaps.
    my kindle was less than 50
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I really like the speed and convenience of my IPad Kindle software but when it comes down to it, I much more strongly prefer the feeling of a book in my hands.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I really like the speed and convenience of my IPad Kindle software but when it comes down to it, I much more strongly prefer the feeling of a book in my hands.
    I actually hate how paper in novels feel against my fingers especially paper backs, it feels gross i also don't like wind breakers for that same reason, especially when they end up in my mouth (which is rare btw)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I actually hate how paper in novels feel against my fingers especially paper backs, it feels gross i also don't like wind breakers for that same reason, especially when they end up in my mouth (which is rare btw)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I definitely prefer books over my Kindle Fire. I only have a few books on it and rarely read them. I have a Nook, too. It's easier on the eyes than the Kindle Fire and I will read on that when I'm temporarily out of books to read...like right now...that's not good.

I think it's time to plan a book raid.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you don't have a both option!

I like books for the tactile experience... nothing can quite replace the joy of feeling pages and seeing how far I've read. However, I love the kindle app on my phone to little, bitty bits (not only because I get discounted prices )... it's just so damned convenient because I always have my phone and it fits into one hand quite conveniently
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I prefer books. I think people appreciate the content of a book better than an e-book because of the medium itself. The biggest advertised advantages that e-readers have over books is that they: take up substantially less space, weigh substantially less, and content is easily added to them. But content is also easily removed.

A book takes up space and is heavy, true, but that imparts a feeling of permanence to me. I keep all of my books. I put them on shelves. Rarely have I ever rid myself of one. You could even say I come to cherish them. By contrast e-books are easily erased, clicked-and-dragged into virtual waste baskets and recycle bins, never to be read again. I couldn't imagine throwing a real book in the trash.

Maybe that last sentence is most telling: books feel real to me. E-books don't.

I posted a long-winded post a long time ago that tangentially relates to this: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...4129&p=1798170. That post links to another thread, E-books are Damaging Society.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

A book takes up space and is heavy, true, but that imparts a feeling of permanence to me. I keep all of my books. I put them on shelves. Rarely have I ever rid myself of one. You could even say I come to cherish them. By contrast e-books are easily erased, clicked-and-dragged into virtual waste baskets and recycle bins, never to be read again. I couldn't imagine throwing a real book in the trash.

Maybe that last sentence is most telling: books feel real to me. E-books don't.
    Yes. This. I get a sense of pleasure from the stacks of books by bed, in the closet, on the table. The weight of the book in my hand...paper seems like a kind of magic to me. I seldom throw books out. I have been guilty of abusing books (like dropping them into the water when I'm reading in the tub), buy another copy, and still be reluctant to throw the damaged one out...unless it became moldy.