First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mos98 View Post
    If you're willing to spend your money. It's a popcorn movie. I still enjoyed it, though: had a good balance of funny, zombie, and Brad Pitt. Like I said, I wasn't expecting anything intellectual, I was just expecting mindless fun; I got what I asked for, really.
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks so much for the feedback -- I wonder how Pacific Rim will pay off next month?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks so much for the feedback -- I wonder how Pacific Rim will pay off next month?
    No problem

Pacific Rim was advertised before WWZ. The CGI looked phenomenal - not sure about the storyline, though. Are you going to see it? I don't think I'll have enough money (I plan on seeing Monster's University and Now You See Me) so I'll probably just wait for the DVD/Blu Ray.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

No problem

Pacific Rim was advertised before WWZ. The CGI looked phenomenal - not sure about the storyline, though. Are you going to see it? I don't think I'll have enough money (I plan on seeing Monster's University and Now You See Me) so I'll probably just wait for the DVD/Blu Ray.
    Well, it looks like one of those movies that WOULD benefit from big-screen presentation. Because it's all about "Big things fighting" anyway. I don't know if I'll go see Despicable Me 2 in the theater, but probably will see Pacific Rim. Sounds like WWZ might be better on Bluray off Redbox.

I do like a lot of dramas and some comedies, but typically I reserve my big-screen money for (1) things I've been dying to see for months or (2) things that might not be 4-star movies but look awesome on the big screen.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Well, it looks like one of those movies that WOULD benefit from big-screen presentation. Because it's all about "Big things fighting" anyway. I don't know if I'll go see Despicable Me 2 in the theater, but probably will see Pacific Rim. Sounds like WWZ might be better on Bluray off Redbox.

I do like a lot of dramas and some comedies, but typically I reserve my big-screen money for (1) things I've been dying to see for months or (2) things that might not be 4-star movies but look awesome on the big screen.
    That's made me realise I'd rather spend my money on Despicable Me 2 :P IMO, animations are more deserving of the big screen than dramas/comedies (like you said)

Undoubtedly, Pacific Rim will be an amazing visual experience. I'd go see it if movie tickets weren't so expensive, purely for the "big things fighting". It was £8.30 for me to see WWZ last night, and I'm 15. At least with animations, I'll enjoy the visuals and the storyline.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Undoubtedly, Pacific Rim will be an amazing visual experience. I'd go see it if movie tickets weren't so expensive, purely for the "big things fighting". It was £8.30 for me to see WWZ last night, and I'm 15. At least with animations, I'll enjoy the visuals and the storyline.
    Yes it sounds like you're in a position where you need to prioritize. Animations (if done well) can be very rewarding on the big screen. i thought the first Despicable Me was rather funny, while also having a kind of sweetness under the surface.

Yes it sounds like you're in a position where you need to prioritize. Animations (if done well) can be very rewarding on the big screen. i thought the first Despicable Me was rather funny, while also having a kind of sweetness under the surface.
    Unfortunately. *sigh* if only movie theatres would lower their prices a tad, I'd definitely go every weekend. Ah well.

I loved the first Despicable Me. It was definitely funny and sweet. And the critics over at RT are lovin' it. (they usually give animations, particularly Pixar, high scores, but nevertheless)