• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

XBOX one vs PS4?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
PS4 all the way....whatever you guys do don't buy an xbox one apearently microsoft is working with the NSA to retrieve user infromation. Xbox connect is always watching you, you have to authenticate every 24 hours online? wtf! and you can't play used games. This has to be the worst decision or joke microsoft has ever made and I will be happy to see this console crash, burn and fail.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
They just announced (after so much public ridicule over their cocky 'Buy a 360 if you don't like it' attitude) that they'll be allowing disks to be re-sold without DRM written content, and that the Xbox will function offline without 24 hour check in times.

So far, it seems like too little too late. Kinect will still be mandatory, $100 extra for the price tag still doesn't warm the heart, and while gamers seem happy that their voices are actually heard, I don't think the company did itself any favors waiting this long to fix things without being sensitive to gamer needs in the process. I think too many people are going to switch over to PS4 as a result.

Being a fan of the PS3 currently, that makes me quite happy. 360 rates will drop so I can pick one of those up cheap, and PS4 will release (hopefully) some really awesome content with revenue from turned off Xbox fans.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Xbox One has everything to become Microsoft's biggest fiasco.

Oh, I just read that they decided to eliminate the 'always online' and 'no used games' stuff.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nigamar...n-xbox-one-used-games-connection-requirement/

Edit: meh, I'm late. :p

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I basically decided to buy a ps3 because I wanted to play Metal Gear Solid 4, and I'm planning to stick with Playstation.

G

Ginkgo

Xbox One has everything to become Microsoft's biggest fiasco.

Oh, I just read that they decided to eliminate the 'always online' and 'no used games' stuff.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/nigamar...n-xbox-one-used-games-connection-requirement/

Edit: meh, I'm late. :p

Interesting.

Now I need to rethink which one I might buy, if I do buy a console at all.

A couple days ago, I walked into Gamestop and asked the employees for their personal opinions on the original policies. They basically demonstrated how efficiently Gamestop grooms them when it wants to increase morale and keep the gears turning smoothly.

W

WALMART

I've always owned every console, since the PS1. I find the several hundred dollars trivial compared to the value I receive from owning them all. Also,

PS4 all the way....whatever you guys do don't buy an xbox one apearently microsoft is working with the NSA to retrieve user infromation. Xbox connect is always watching you, you have to authenticate every 24 hours online? wtf! and you can't play used games. This has to be the worst decision or joke microsoft has ever made and I will be happy to see this console crash, burn and fail.

lol. Them and every other entity that decides to operate in the perceivable universe.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Xbox connect is always watching you

Is this actually true? I've been hearing it, but I don't see a reason why they would do that. Do they want to watch us stare into the TV for hours?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Preordered both, and will upgrade my PC as soon as the next generation of hardware is released, which will no doubt be at least five generations ahead of the eighth generation consoles.

As for the consoles, PS4 looks like it will have more appealing exclusive launch titles (Killzone: Shadow Fall and Infamous: Second Son -- don't care much about Ryse,, and Titanfall is coming for the PC, too), but as a console, I think the Xbox One has more potential for innovation that developers will hopefully tap into.

And it looks like MGS5 is being pushed for the Xbox One rather than the PS4, so maybe Sony is getting the port.

Two games I hope are released for next-gen consoles are Condemned 3 and Saints Row 5, made at the visual realism level of, let's say Infamous: Second Son, but other than that, they should go as crazy as they want. In fact, what would be truly awesome about a SR5 being for the Xbox One is that it would be constantly developing...at least in theory.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
PS4 for the following reasons

a) I'm already invested in the Playstation Network
b) I own a PS Vita
c) Cheaper
d) Final Fantasy titles (which will hopefully be better than their PS3 counterparts because I didn't like FF13)

Glad to see Microsoft pulled it's head out of its butt but it doesn't affect my decision one way or the other

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Is this actually true? I've been hearing it, but I don't see a reason why they would do that. Do they want to watch us stare into the TV for hours?

Not sure how true it is that they are lurking but it's strange that the connect has to be on all the time for the system to be working. The ps4 is going to have playstation eye I think that you wont have to have it on all the time.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Im looking forward to killer instinct 3 on xbox one but it's not even being made by rare. Infamous second sun and metal gear solid 5 on ps4.