• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Man of Steel

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
92% (so far).

IGN gave it a 9/10. That's the only review I read.

Meh. Down to 72% already. 21/9 split...30 reviews in. There's probably many more reviews to come

Edit: OMG.. they dissed Sucker Punch. Those bastards!!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh. Down to 72% already. 21/9 split...30 reviews in. There's probably many more reviews to come

Edit: OMG.. they dissed Sucker Punch. Those bastards!!

One thing's for certain, Roger Ebert gave the movie two thumbs way, way six feet down.

Of course, maybe it will be like Watchmen, which I liked, of course Watchmen had a nice, shiny R-rating...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One thing's for certain, Roger Ebert gave the movie two thumbs way, way six feet down.

Pat Robertson said God struck him down for dissing Left Behind, but maybe it was a combination of reviews...

Of course, maybe it will be like Watchmen, which I liked, of course Watchmen had a nice, shiny R-rating...

I couldn't get more than 20 minutes into Watchmen before falling asleep and later returning the movie without watching anymore. (Not for lack of interest in the subject; my copy of Watchmen is pretty worn out at this point.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Supes is down to 61% on RT but still holding in the positive column.

Interestingly, with 100+ reviews in, "This is the End" is holding around 81%. That's kind of a shocker and makes it worth seeing, considering how such movies normally fare.

EDIT (Thursday, 4:30pm): Oh Superman. :(
Rotten Tomatoes = 57%

I have my tickets for tomorrow regardless and will report back!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Just got back from midnight screening...seen better, seen worse.
A HUGE step up from Superman Returns, nonetheless.

Meh storyline, superfluous secondary characters, cool visuals, one of Zimmer's best works (beats his minimalist take on Batman by a long shot).

Speaking of The Dark Knight:
Bring on The World's Finest with Bale and Cavill.
Highest grossing picture of all time--calling it now.

I only ask that you keep Snyder away.
His movies are kinda soulless (MoS included).

E

Epiphany

I've yet to see this. Next week, perhaps. I didn't recall disliking Superman Returns though. Kevin Spacey makes a good Lex Luther. Too bad Christopher Nolan didn't take the director's chair on Man of Steel.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I didnt dislike it, either. But all Superman did in that one was lift stuff.
I would also like to add that the first act of MoS was solid.

Then it became another tired "super-people" alien invasion movie.

Transformers 3 and Avengers did it better, too.

Oh, and Michael Shannon should limit his roles to maniacs and psychos.
He can keep being a dick--he aint gotta drop that by any means.

Just, ya know....be fuckin' bugnuts, too. Job requirement.

E

Epiphany

I didnt dislike it, either. But all Superman did in that one was lift stuff.
I would also like to add that the first act of MoS was solid.

Then it became another tired "super-people" alien invasion movie.

Transformers 3 and Avengers did it better, too.

Oh, and Michael Shannon should limit his roles to maniacs and psychos.
He can keep being a dick--he aint gotta drop that by any means.

Just, ya know....be fuckin' bugnuts, too. Job requirement.

Speaking of Michael Shannon, I thought his quirky character had the funniest lines in Pearl Harbor. That's right...I said Pearl Harbor. The only Michael Bay movie I've actually liked.

I've been wanting to see Take Shelter for a while. Looks riveting. I couldn't find it at the video store. Go figure!

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Michael Shannon is the man. Shame he was kinda wasted here.
Same goes for Russell Crowe.

Marlon Brando's "I'm drunk--now shut up and give me my check" performance in '78 kicked Crowe's Aussie ass all over the playground.

And Crowe was actually trying.

I don't know--maybe movie Superman is better when he just lifts things. And is Christopher Reeve.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And Crowe was actually trying.

I keep having weird hallucinogenic dreams about Superman and Les Mis merging to create a Kryptonian musical about Kal-el being hounded across the universe by Inspector Zod, along with a singing Russell Crowe.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the End was quite good...and original. But I wonder if the vfx would have sucked if they weren't used in a comedic context.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
This is the End was quite good...and original. But I wonder if the vfx would have sucked if they weren't used in a comedic context.

Am I the only person who thought that movie wasn't funny at all? (except for michael cera, he always cracks me up)

anti-villain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Am I the only person who thought that movie wasn't funny at all? (except for michael cera, he always cracks me up)

I haven't seen it, and have no desire to see it, yet can already tell you with 100% certainty, that no... you are not the only person. I didn't laugh once during Superbad, nor would I want to see Hot Tub Time Machine either. There's just something about the humour in these movies... it's lost on me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hot Tub was funny, actually.
A little Rob Corddry makes anything better.

I just saw him in Warm Bodies last weekend; he's pretty awesome. There's a nice extra on the Bluray, "Zombie Acting Tips from Rob Corddry" or something like that, and it was one of the funniest things I've seen.