• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Man of Steel

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found the amount of attention given to them depends on the writer and the series. There are a few Superman series that have been around for awhile, Action is just one.

At least you've likely had the pleasure of being introduced to Krypto, Superdog.

Absolutely!

Wikipedia says there were 5 comic series devoted to Superman. One of those was named Superman, and I may have read some of those. The other three were published after I stopped reading them.

I've also read Superboy, Supergirl, World's Finest Comics, Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane, and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
All I will say after watching is......a lot of post got lost in the wind.

Poor poor Costner....

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
In TDKR, superheroes have been banned and Superman has become a government stooge. Batman has returned after an extended hiatus and pisses off the big wigs in DC so they send Supes in to shut him down. At the end, the two have a violent scuffle...just watch the animated dvd two parter.

It wont be a direct adaptation, but elements will appear.

They better do this right. I had little interest in a follow up, but this got my attention. If they dare to extend beyond an obvious money grab, it is an almost subversive take on blockbuster sequels.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
In TDKR, superheroes have been banned and Superman has become a government stooge. Batman has returned after an extended hiatus and pisses off the big wigs in DC so they send Supes in to shut him down. At the end, the two have a violent scuffle...just watch the animated dvd two parter.

They better do this right. I had little interest in a follow up, but this got my attention. If they dare to extend beyond an obvious money grab, it is an almost subversive take on blockbuster sequels.

I find it very weird they plan on doing this from Superman's POV.

E

Epiphany

Interesting. That makes the video I posted in the OP all the more relevant. I wonder if Christian Bale will return as Batman.

Poindexter Arachnid

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Bale will not be back.

As for Supes POV, it makes sense. We have spent time with the character, empathized and rooted for him. In this version, I suspect Batman will still be a mysterious figure that (especially after all that world-ending alien invasion/destruction of Metropolis business) feels it is his duty to keep a potentially renegade God in check. It is a unique and compelling conflict with a lot of grey unlike the last act of MoS, I.e.: CGI Men of Steel destroy skyscrapers.

In a way, Bats is his real opposing force, not Luthor. The dynamic and contrast between the two is what they need to get right in order for it to work.