User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: Man of Steel

MBTI
    ISTP

Basically it's the Avengers minus everyone but Captain America, complete with giant alien ship that gets sucked into a black hole at the end.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    Basically it's the Avengers minus everyone but Captain America, complete with giant alien ship that gets sucked into a black hole at the end.
    For some reason, singularities seem to have become the hot commodity in the last few years of movie continuities.

Oh. And of course, now we have THIS remake coming out.

In November 2009, it was reported that Disney has plans to remake [The Black Hole].

Director Joseph Kosinski and producer Sean Bailey are attached to the production,[5][12] and Jon Spaihts, who wrote the original script for the Alien prequel Prometheus, was confirmed as writer for the project on April 5, 2013.[13]
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

That Texan robot was annoying. More Jar Jar than R2-D2.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Guffaw.

...comedians were having a field day with the movie. Monty Python legend Eric Idle tweeted, "Man of Steel, Ironman, Tin Man: Now comes Pewter Woman: she molds, bends and is full of beer."

-------------

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    That Texan robot was annoying. More Jar Jar than R2-D2.
    Yeah. Haven't watched this for years and years, since I was young and it came out, but I'm kind of scared to do so -- some of the things that were cool when young are cheapened when you watch them as an adult. Wasn't Bob played by Roddy McDowell or someone?

I remember thinking Vincent and Maximillian were pretty cool, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Guffaw.

-------------

Yeah. Haven't watched this for years and years, since I was young and it came out, but I'm kind of scared to do so -- some of the things that were cool when young are cheapened when you watch them as an adult. Wasn't Bob played by Roddy McDowell or someone?

I remember thinking Vincent and Maximillian were pretty cool, though.
    I watched the last 10 minutes, and that robot dying, and the fact that I was supposed to feel bad about, was enough to discourage me from seeking out the rest of the movie.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I got so bored of it that I fell asleep (aside from the fact that I was already tired from all my late night shenanigans prior to watching the movie.)

I want my money back. It was like the Deadly Hollows Part 1 kind of boring. The people I went with told me I fell asleep and missed the action part, or what was left of it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I see this thread drifted before I was able to watch Man of Steel.

The tentacles chasing Superman scene was really over-the-top. And the whole thing reminded me of ID4.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I got so bored of it that I fell asleep (aside from the fact that I was already tired from all my late night shenanigans prior to watching the movie.)

I want my money back. It was like the Deadly Hollows Part 1 kind of boring. The people I went with told me I fell asleep and missed the action part, or what was left of it.
    See, the thing is, I usually fall asleep during what people call the action part, and stay awake during the rest.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I enjoyed the terraforming.

One could clearly see Snyder's finger prints in the fights.

I think it would have been better if they hadn't blown their fight load halfway through where Clark is up against the two Kryptonians halfway through the movie.

That seemed like a bigger deal than the last fight with Zod. Also, where are they going to go from here with it?

We've already seen Superman have to fight several supermen. They can't really top that in the next movie. Unless it's doomsday or something.

With the Avengers, we still have Thanos to look forward to. Which will be a bigger deal than Loki and his crew from this one.

I also think the fights in man of steel were a little too much. They were entertaining, but a more restrained touch would have made them much better.

But all in all I was surprised at how good it was. Admittedly, my bar was super low for this, but still I didn't get bored which is saying something.

Michael Shannon was wasted as Zod. You've gotta get some better writing if your going to get someone that good to be your bad guy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah. Haven't watched this for years and years, since I was young and it came out, but I'm kind of scared to do so -- some of the things that were cool when young are cheapened when you watch them as an adult.
    I was too young to truly appreciate it as a child, and my dad watched the early VHS so often that I actively avoided it thereafter, so I've actually been intending to view it with adult eyes at some point and see if its something I might like.

Edit: OTOH, Flight of the Navigator is probably something that would be cheapened for me.....but I'm just so curious, I'll probably watch it again, anyway. I got over how stupid Mighty Mouse really was, after all.