Thread: Man of Steel

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I found the amount of attention given to them depends on the writer and the series. There are a few Superman series that have been around for awhile, Action is just one.

At least you've likely had the pleasure of being introduced to Krypto, Superdog.
    Absolutely!

Wikipedia says there were 5 comic series devoted to Superman. One of those was named Superman, and I may have read some of those. The other three were published after I stopped reading them.

I've also read Superboy, Supergirl, World's Finest Comics, Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane, and Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

All I will say after watching is......a lot of post got lost in the wind.

Poor poor Costner....
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Epiphany

Still haven't seen this movie yet. I'll wait til it's released on dvd.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

By the way.

Zod....ESTJ?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Sequel has been announced at Comic-con this weekend. And boy, did I call it.
    Batman is going to be the antagonist.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63348

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Duck_of_Death View Post
    Sequel has been announced at Comic-con this weekend. And boy, did I call it.
    Batman is going to be the antagonist.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63348
    Antagonist? What is the gist of the graphic novel? Are they actually enemies?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

In TDKR, superheroes have been banned and Superman has become a government stooge. Batman has returned after an extended hiatus and pisses off the big wigs in DC so they send Supes in to shut him down. At the end, the two have a violent scuffle...just watch the animated dvd two parter.

It wont be a direct adaptation, but elements will appear.

They better do this right. I had little interest in a follow up, but this got my attention. If they dare to extend beyond an obvious money grab, it is an almost subversive take on blockbuster sequels.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

In TDKR, superheroes have been banned and Superman has become a government stooge. Batman has returned after an extended hiatus and pisses off the big wigs in DC so they send Supes in to shut him down. At the end, the two have a violent scuffle...just watch the animated dvd two parter.

They better do this right. I had little interest in a follow up, but this got my attention. If they dare to extend beyond an obvious money grab, it is an almost subversive take on blockbuster sequels.
    I find it very weird they plan on doing this from Superman's POV.
    "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

Epiphany

Interesting. That makes the video I posted in the OP all the more relevant. I wonder if Christian Bale will return as Batman.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Bale will not be back.

As for Supes POV, it makes sense. We have spent time with the character, empathized and rooted for him. In this version, I suspect Batman will still be a mysterious figure that (especially after all that world-ending alien invasion/destruction of Metropolis business) feels it is his duty to keep a potentially renegade God in check. It is a unique and compelling conflict with a lot of grey unlike the last act of MoS, I.e.: CGI Men of Steel destroy skyscrapers.

In a way, Bats is his real opposing force, not Luthor. The dynamic and contrast between the two is what they need to get right in order for it to work.