User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't watch Doctor Who, I just know the basic premise and have Whovians as friends.

Not sure why there hasn't been a female doctor yet. And they're all white guys too, aren't they? Yeeesh.

I don't really have names to offer, but I love Helen Mirren to death. I wish she was my mom. (Uh, sorry mom -- but we're discussing Helen Mirren!) Not sure about her being the Doctor, but she's an asset to whatever she's in. it would be great to see her even in a supporting role.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Society

i love the concept... but... one has to stand for tradition...

so how about Polly Walker? seriously, i know she's not a ball full of dazzling eccentric, but i think she could sort of of do to doctor who what William Hartnell brought to the character as the first doctor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I kinda like the article’s mention of Jennifer Saunders, too. Though I have mixed feelings about Emma Watson (she’s got a little too much of some characteristic that I think the current Doctor Who episodes are sorta drowning in, though I don’t know how to describe it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    So yeah having a female (a real feminine one and NOT A COOL AND SEXY MYSTIQUE ONE) would add to the show by taking pace off the show, building character and adding to the story than to the doctor's lines.
    If you're looking for someone who is feminine, quirky, operating at a more leisurely pace, and you like the Harry Potter cast, how about Evanna Lynch?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    If you're looking for someone who is feminine, quirky, operating at a more leisurely pace, and you like the Harry Potter cast, how about Evanna Lynch?
    She's 'good' though a bit too young I believe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

She's 'good' though a bit too young I believe.
    Yes, she is young, but just a year younger than Emma Watson. Just depends on what flavor one wants in the new doctor.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Riva

Yes, she is young, but just a year younger than Emma Watson. Just depends on what flavor one wants in the new doctor.
    Emma watson is too young too but she could appear mature if she wants to and has a sort of a charismatic personality. Add to it she looks beautifully-sexy. Wait I think i have a crush on her . However I don't know whether she would take pace off the show as I desire. In that sense whom you suggested would be better. Anyway I would still prefer someone who is in her late 20s or early 30s or even someone who is above 40s (preferably beautiful and nothing like that sung woman).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Emma watson is too young too but she could appear mature if she wants to and has a sort of a charismatic personality. Add to it she looks beautifully-sexy. Wait I think i have a crush on her . However I don't know whether she would take pace off the show as I desire. In that sense whom you suggested would be better. Anyway I would still prefer someone who is in her late 20s or early 30s or even someone who is above 40s (preferably beautiful and nothing like that sung woman).
    Any suggestions?

I'm not sure I would want a doctor who was a real beauty, though. I think that would be too distracting, or too much a change from what the doctor has historically been about throughout his (and maybe her?) lifetimes.

Riva

Any suggestions?I'm not sure I would want a doctor who was a real beauty, though. I think that would be too distracting, or too much a change from what the doctor has historically been about throughout his (and maybe her?) lifetimes.
    Yes true. The actress you suggested is really pretty too. A bit too cute/adorable, which is why I was thinking she was too young. So far though non of the actors were George Clooneys they were sexy in their own ways especially the last three. However they were never a distraction. Yes yes I do see how using someone as sexy as kim kardashian could be a distraction but if projected in a way that doesn't emphasize too much on her sexiness even she could be a good choice. Could you imagine someone as sexy as her being cast in a traditionally feminine isfj way (a female version of dr.watson in the series sherlock) or in an sexy yet a bit clumsy/awkward infp way? I sincerely think it would work. So sexy is not an issue. Infact it would be great. The males would want/die to be the companion in their imagination.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i was actually looking at Tilda Swinton the other day. that movie Constantine where she played gabriel. she does creepy well.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee