• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worst M. Night Shyamalan Movie (Poll)

Which Movie is Worst?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is the worst M. Night Snyamalan Movie? Take your time, I know it's a tough decision to make.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's even worse because I stopped watching them because they were getting so bad.

My hunch is either The Happening or Lady in the Water.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Decided not to list 'The Last Airbender' out of fairness to the other bad movies, I presume?
EDIT: Scratch that, didn't see it on my first scan.. you know my vote now.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I only watched CinamaSins' version of The Last Airbender and I'm still offended...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only watched CinamaSins' version of The Last Airbender and I'm still offended...

lol. Wow.

I never broke down and saw it. My INTP kid saw it, hoping it would be okay; instead he and his friends heckled the movie openly during its entire presentation in the dollar theater. I've read in one review this morning that the reviewer's screening for After Earth was the same way -- the audience was howling throughout the movie at all the flubbs. *shrug*

I just really can't vote on them, cuz I've seen neither.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Too bad about After Earth. :( I never saw it -- and probably won't ever see it -- but I was really hoping it would be good, just because it's Jaden and Will's first movie together since The Pursuit of Happyness. (I love the Pinkett-Smith family. :wub:)

The Sixth Sense was great, The Village and Signs were okay, Unbreakable was disappointing, and I never saw the others b/c I heard they were horrible. Even if Avatar hadn't gotten such horrendous reviews, I wouldn't watch it because of the whitewashing. :dry:

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I liked the 6th Sense. Lady in the Water was ok, mostly because I like Paul Giamatti, and I actually liked The Happening, mainly because I <3 Mark Wahlberg. Signs I thought was totally the worst, with The Village as a close second. I haven't seen any other the others.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I learned the other day that m. night was a ghostwriter for the movie she's all that. not that I'd vote for it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I liked the 6th Sense. Lady in the Water was ok, mostly because I like Paul Giamatti, and I actually liked The Happening, mainly because I <3 Mark Wahlberg. Signs I thought was totally the worst, with The Village as a close second.

Was that because you don't particularly like the stars (like Joaquin Phoenix or Mel Gibson, et al.. since your liking the stars in the other movies seems to drive your appreciation of the movies), or was there a different reason?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted for three, but I don't feel like repeating myself. Read here if you want to know why I picked them.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Was that because you don't particularly like the stars (like Joaquin Phoenix or Mel Gibson, et al.. since your liking the stars in the other movies seems to drive your appreciation of the movies), or was there a different reason?
Hmm... I don't know. I don't particularly like Mel Gibson, but Joaquin is fine. I guess in Signs I just thought the creatures were completely anti-climactic, which made the whole movie annoying. But yeah, maybe the leads in those movies just didn't have the redeeming value of Giamatti and Marky Mark. :D

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm... I don't know. I don't particularly like Mel Gibson, but Joaquin is fine. I guess in Signs I just thought the creatures were completely anti-climactic, which made the whole movie annoying. But yeah, maybe the leads in those movies just didn't have the redeeming value of Giamatti and Marky Mark. :D

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted for the village because the plot was stolen from a children's book I read a few years before I saw the movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked Lady in the Water, but a problem with both it and Signs is why did they waste so much money on CG character shots if most of them are gonna be reflected on a TV screen or a washing machine?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I cited for the village because the plot was stolen from a children's book I read a few years before I saw the movie.

While the twist wasn't ripped from Goosebumps per se, it seemed reminiscent of something from one of the lamer books.

That being said, the villains in The Happening are trees. That makes it very easy to make a decision.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, that seems like pretty blatant plagiarism.

Meh.

The book seems to have a lot of things the book does not, and the movie has focal points (such as the critters) that the book doesn't. Even the purpose of the community is different.

The basic overlap is that it's a closed community emulating a past time period, where a girl has to go get medicine, but even the plot order is different. In the book, running for medicine is the first part of the plot that leads to the rest, while in the movie it's the end of the plotline. It's not even a "unique" plotline; if you were writing a story about a closed antiquated community in modern times, the need for modern medicine to save a life is probably one of the first brainstorm ideas that would be raised.

Unless there is some smoking gun with specific ripped off characters and the like, I think the plagarism charge is a little much. It's like saying a book is a complete ripoff of Tolkien just because it has dwarves and elves in it and there's a nasty evil bad guy who wants to take over the world. It's likely the author knows of Tolkien, but it doesn't mean it's plagarism.

I liked Lady in the Water, but a problem with both it and Signs is why did they waste so much money on CG character shots if most of them are gonna be reflected on a TV screen or a washing machine?

Lol. I wish MNS had stuck with alien reflections in "Signs." It would have been better for the movie.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol. I wish MNS had stuck with alien reflections in "Signs." It would have been better for the movie.
:yes:

I would have loved Signs if it weren't for how freaking dumb the aliens looked. Few movies/shows that show their usually-obscured Big Bad pull it off well. (Cloverfield and LOST come to mind as exceptions -- but the risk generally isn't worth it.)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Meh.

The book seems to have a lot of things the book does not, and the movie has focal points (such as the critters) that the book doesn't. Even the purpose of the community is different.

The basic overlap is that it's a closed community emulating a past time period, where a girl has to go get medicine, but even the plot order is different. In the book, running for medicine is the first part of the plot that leads to the rest, while in the movie it's the end of the plotline. It's not even a "unique" plotline; if you were writing a story about a closed antiquated community in modern times, the need for modern medicine to save a life is probably one of the first brainstorm ideas that would be raised.

Unless there is some smoking gun with specific ripped off characters and the like, I think the plagarism charge is a little much. It's like saying a book is a complete ripoff of Tolkien just because it has dwarves and elves in it and there's a nasty evil bad guy who wants to take over the world. It's likely the author knows of Tolkien, but it doesn't mean it's plagarism.

Well, the critters weren't actually real, and were just to scare people from escaping. The resemblance is pretty strong, though, even if it's just a coincidence, and not technically plagiarism.