User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Why do people watch so much television?
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTP

You know, EffEm? I think television is turning on us. Did you know there are now reality shows that follow around meter maids and exterminators? (Not on the same show, but I wouldn't be at all surprised.)
    Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Why do people watch so much television?
    Because it's awesome? Why do people eat so much cheese? Why do people have so much sex? I don't want this to turn into a giant debate about the merits of television, because that's not what this is about. I'm unabashed in my appreciation. I'm not doing this because I think television is bad for me, or rotting my brain. I just think it would do me some good to give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    You know, EffEm? I think television is turning on us. Did you know there are now reality shows that follow around meter maids and exterminators? (Not on the same show, but I wouldn't be at all surprised.)
    I'm kind of peeved that I don't have my own show now.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

heart on fire

My husband loves TV, it seems to be from the source of external stimuli, he says he likes the noise in the background and that is one of the things that irritates me about the TV being on all the time.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    Try going without the internet
    Heh, that's one that I had a hard time with. A few days without and I'm like a junkie trying to beg, borrow, or steal a connection.

TV is nothing for me. I've gone months without any TV/Movies/etc. When I was outside the country I didn't watch any TV and barely used the internet at all due to connectivity difficulties.

I don't own a TV.

Going without meat is going pretty well for me so-far. I think I've lost just a little weight and seem to have a lot more energy than before...

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Why do people eat so much cheese?
    Fat. We love to eat fat, we're attracted to it. We're wired to eat fat, sugar, and salt whenever it is available, and cheese is a great source.

It's also delicious.

Why do people have so much sex?
    No clue. It doesn't bother me that it has been over 27 years since I last came in physical contact with that part of a female...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    My husband loves TV, it seems to be from the source of external stimuli, he says he likes the noise in the background and that is one of the things that irritates me about the TV being on all the time.
    It's funny; I go in cycles. Sometimes I like the background noise, and other times, it's just irritating. I don't think I'd want to have it on as background noise the whole rest of my life. I'd think there would have to be some compromise there.
    Something Witty

P.S., the cheese-eating and sex-having questions were rhetorical.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Apparently, it is not compulsory to watch reality tv shows, even if one doesn't give up tv altogether. I've discovered this device, the remote control (in control of the male of the species, naturally) and have realised it can be used to move channels away from all reality television

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    P.S., the cheese-eating and sex-having questions were rhetorical.
    I think the larger question you are begging here is: Why do people eat so much cheese while having sex, with the TV on in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think the larger question you are begging here is: Why do people eat so much cheese during sex, while the TV is on?
    Because they are part of a laboratory experiment to see what happens when every pleasure sensor in the human body is stimulated at once. I keep hoping to get a golden ticket to be part of this experiment

Edit: I heard from a friend on the lab team. Apparently 87% of subjects have an eye pop out of their head, spontaneously poop, and then lapse into a coma. The percentage rises to 96% when the TV program is The Simpsons, and falls to 44% when the TV program features golddigging hos, aspiring actors, or Rosie O'Donnell.

Johari
    /Nohari