User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Loved the Diary of Adrian Mole! I read a lot of Babysitter's Club too, Aleda. I also loved Nancy Drew, Encyclopedia Brown (those might've been a little earlier than preteen, can't remember for sure), and Choose Your Own Adventure books. I was also into ghost stories and mysteries/unexplained/paranormal stuff but not really other kinds of horror stories.
    I loved Nancy Drew when I was a kid! I had a whole huge collection, and I still have it somewhere, thinking I'd save it for my daughter someday. Two problems with this:
    1. No sign of a daughter (or son) anytime soon; and less depressingly but more pertinently,
    2. I tried to reread Nancy Drew recently and found it totally irrelevant to life in the 21st century :P

I loved Choose Your Own Adventure too!

I also read RL Stine, The Babysitter's Club, and CS Lewis' Narnia series (well, actually, the latter were the books my mom read to us during long car rides, so technically I had them read to me. I'm too old to have read Harry Potter as a pre-teen (or teen...) but I definitely love the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I tried 'A Wrinkle In Time', but couldn't get into it.
    Same here-- never did like it much as a kid. I reread it as an adult and liked it a bit more.

Hated Hatchet.

I used to read a lot of stuff about the Holocaust, like Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry.

I also loved Lowry's Anastasia Krupnik series

the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary

Sideways Stories from Wayside School and its sequels

and S.E. Hinton's books The Outsiders and That Was Then, This Is Now. Those were some of my favorites.

Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Donald duck. I don't think I was aware there was other reading material besides Donal duck back then.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

- When I was in 2nd to 4th grade, I read a lot of biographies of famous people like Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Buffalo Bill, The Red Baron, Eddie Rickenbacker and things like that.
    - When I was 11 - 12, I got into Greek Mythology and read everything I could find on it. I never believed in it. It was just really interesting.
    - The Hobbit was my favorite book when I was 12.
    - I read a lot of books about historical airplanes and cars, with many pictures.
    - I read a lot of Tom Swift books somewhere in there; spent close to one whole summer doing that.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

All kinds of teen girl books. The Georgia Nicholson series, gossip girl, the Alice books, I can't think of many others off the top of my head but I read all the time as a kid. I loved the outsiders too. actually everything aquarelle posted pictures of.

Read pretty much all of Roald Dahl, Gerald Durrell and James Herriot from about age 8-12. Totally wanted to be a vet because of the latter two, but also because I liked to roll around in the mud in our backyard and collect grubs and chase stray animals. Oh, I also liked Jack London a lot.

Also read a lot of British boarding school stories, which I enjoyed because they were weirdly similar to my own school life despite being so dated. Stuff like Enid Blyton and the Chalet School series. Also the William series and Jennings series, which were more geared towards boys but which I found hysterically funny. Some older American stuff as well, like Little Women, Pollyanna, What Katy Did, and Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Fantasy stuff like Lewis Carroll and The Wizard of Oz series. Also loved the Tintin and Asterix comics (still do).

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was probably my favorite book growing up.

And I had a brief run in with Sweet Valley and R.L. Stine around age 11-12.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Everything I could get my hands on. Reader's digest condensed books, fantasy (like dragons and stuff), stephen king's everything, narnia series, black stallion series, jack london's everything, james herriot's everything, and others that are slower to come to mind. Mostly magic or animal stories. That's still mostly what I read, although I read less often now.

A bit before that I liked goosebumps, bruce coville, little house on the prairie (entire series and sequels), boxcar children, nancy drew, sweet valley high, babysitter's club, beverley cleary, roald dahl, lots of abridged classics, choose your own adventure, the madeleine l'engle series. And of course lots of individual books, but those are harder to dredge from my memory.

I read a lot growing up.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Roald Dahl- YES!
    Also somebody said Donald Duck- I LOVED the Uncle Scrooge ones. They were my faves.

WALMART

Ender's Game/Shadow. The Giver. Timeline. The Lost World. Count Zero. The Hobbit.

I read a lot of non-fiction science books, about space and shit. Stories were a far cry from what could be learned from them.

OMG, can't believe I forgot Anne of Green Gables. That used to be my most favorite series ever.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    Ender's Game/Shadow. The Giver. Timeline. The Lost World. Count Zero. The Hobbit.

I read a lot of non-fiction science books, about space and shit. Stories were a far cry from what could be learned from them.
    My brother and I used to fight over who got to read the S encyclopedia.