User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: How Do Art?

MBTI
    INTP

Alright, so lesson 16 was super curvy flags. The exercise was to draw a flag with a couple of bends in it, like so:

I tried to bear in mind what I noticed watching videos of artists. They all draw really really slowly, and very gradually building up the shapes. I tried not to make bold shapes straight away but to go super slow and lightly at first, and then reinforce my lines once I knew where they should go.

The bonus was to draw an impossibly long flag. Challenge accepted. I decided to try a colour version for this. Again I went very slowly, took my time, and very gradually built up the colour. I also tried to colour in the direction of the fabric to make it somewhat more believable. I hope it worked.

This took me almost an hour, but I'm reasonably pleased with the final result
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP

Right, I was babysitting this morning and you all know what that means - catch up time!

Lesson 18 was to draw a scroll

Bonus was to draw... another scroll O__o

And then lesson 19 was to draw a pyramid, bonus was to draw more pyramids

I think this is the part of the book where he ran out of ideas

Anyway if anyone has any ideas for some bonus stuff for me to draw later this evening when I'm free again, please let me know
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post

Anyway if anyone has any ideas for some bonus stuff for me to draw later this evening when I'm free again, please let me know
    http://dannygregory.wordpress.com/edm-challenges/

That should keep you busy for a while
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    IsFJ
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like your bonus scroll and your tree-ribbon-thing a lot
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Sorry for the lack of updates over the last few days! Between covering holiday leave in work and practising for my driving test next week, my life has turned into a subway->driving->subway infinite loop in 1080p. Somebody get me out of here!

So yesterday I caught up on Thursday's lesson 20, which was to draw a volcano and a coffee cup. The coffee cup he had us draw looks really stupid though (I'm a mug snob, sue me)

I decided to try drawing my own mug. Note to self: drawing shiny black objects is damned difficult

Then today I caught up on yesterday's lesson - TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go over to this corner to collapse from exhaustion before going out to do yet more driving. Art over. Oeufa out
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Ended up going to a friend's house last night for beers and board games - we played Pictionary, Countdown and Apples to Apples. I drew a great many pictures. If I can wrangle any of them back from my friend I'll post a few up here. One of the girls requested a picture of a koala-goat, so ye can expect a picture of that soon enough I suppose.

Anyway it was super quiet in work today so I got yesterday's lesson done - a crash course of 1 point perspective. It was actually pretty fun. I enjoyed it

I'm back to normal hours in work this week, thank Cthulhu, so hopefully I should be all caught up by tomorrow evening!
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

aaaaaaaaand here's one of the pictures I ended up drawing on saturday night - one of the girls asked for a penguin going to the dentist. Enjoy:

I need to come up with a suitably derpy artist signature. Mine didn't come out quite as childlike as I'd hoped
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Here's that goat-koala my friend requested. I'm really unhappy with it. I did the linework and that was reasonably ok, but the second I started colouring I realised I made a big mistake. I coloured the goat brown, but I'd put it on a tree which was also brown, in a leafy area which is a lot of green. The picture is way too boring looking. The parachuting psyduck was a later addition to fill in the enormous gap on the left hand side of the page. The tree also is unconvincing. Wish I'd done this entire picture differently

Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Finally, I have 2 days off work! Plenty of time to catch up on a few drawings and practise for my driving test on Thursday. Right? RIGHT?

Lesson 23 was to draw a street in 1 point perspective. Bonus was to decorate. I kinda got bored halfway through this.

Lesson 24 was to draw a tower thing in 2 point perspective, like so:

and the bonus was to draw this pyramid-y type thing in 2 point perspective.

So we're drawing to the close of this 30 day drawing book. I'm not too sure if I'm going to keep drawing after I'm done. This is a fun little experiment but the sheer amount of work and dedication it will take to bring me to a level I'm somewhat satisfied by is probably too much. I'm a lazy degenerate deep in my core, really

I might do more 30 day challenge type things though. That's right up my alley.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe