User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: How Do Art?

MBTI
    INTP

Also, just in case there's any other beginners lurking about, I just stumbled across this page that has a scheisse-tonne of free e-books. There's so many with beginner exercises that I'll probably start digging into when I finish up this book. I might even run some simultaneously. Could be fun
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

MBTI
    INTP

Lesson 12 - building with cubes. The exercise was to draw a house, and the bonus was to draw a mailbox (wat is that I don't even). So here's my attempt, all in one drawing today - wahay!

Then I decided to try something fun and combine everyone's two favourite things - bad art and stupid retail stories.

click for bigger picture

Transcriptions of my terrible handwriting are available for a mere $5 surcharge
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I have enjoyed your progress in this thread.

This helped me learn to draw immensely:

Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

That picture is waaaaaaay too accurate to be considered parody of a lot of those how to draw books
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

your resident asshole

I've been enjoying this thread, so here's a little contribution.

How to draw a perfect circle:

Great blog! Subscribed.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Oeufa View Post
    And here's my bonus fan art of Shane Tyree doing the animation for Pat Rothfuss singing "I Crush Everything".

The actual video for this is out now, for anyone wondering wtf I was on about:

Also, anyone who is a fan of Patrick Rothfuss needs to get involved in this kickstarter before it ends (which is tomorrow iirc). It's just so awesome
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP

Well aren't ye a bunch of lucky dawgs today? I gots another update for ye, because I love you all so much*

I wanted to try my hand at colouring something, so I dug out some colour pencils and tried drawing some vulpix pokémon and some fox cubs. Top is a traditional rendering of a vulpix. Bottom right is my attempt at stylizing a vulpix, and bottom left is my combination of a yawning fox cub and a vulpix.

So the colour turned out a bit disgusting - I think I should have gone over my lines first in pen, erased the pencil and THEN coloured in, because the grey HB pencil just smeared and smudged when I tried to colour. It doesn't help that the colours aren't very good pencils to begin with. Therefore I place this question before the arty people in the audience: which colour medium should I seriously try first, to learn the basics of colour and shade etc? Pencil, marker, watercolour, acrylic, oil (lol no), pastel, jam, eyeshadows, whathaveyous? Something reasonably forgiving, not amazingly expensive (so no photoshop suggestions plz) if possible

*Disclaimer: may just be because I got bored.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Have you ever tried watersoluble pencils? They aren't much more expensive than normal color pencils but can be diluted/smeared with a waterbrush.

Also great for bright colors, very efficient and comparatively affordable: watersoluble pastels

It really depends on whether you want to paint or draw, how bright you ant your colors to be and whether you prefer fine lines or rougher strokes and surfaces.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Many years ago my grandmother (who's very arty) gave me a set of watercolour pencils. I'd totally forgotten about those. Might try digging them out, though Cthulhu only knows where they are now..

Oooooooh so many questions. Honestly, no idea. I really like bold, bright comics, and very mellow-hued stylized stuff, and of course realistic paintings too. I don't know what I might like to do or what I might be good at (or rather, least sucky at). Perhaps I'll ask my grandmother to let me borrow some of her supplies so I can dick around with different types and see what appeals.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe