• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do you like reality tv and/or romantic comedies?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The thing with Victorian Farm, etc is that there is no interpersonal drama. A dramatic thing is when it won't stop raining so the hay is ruined so they have to hire themselves out to a neighboring farm to bring in some cash to pay for feed. There is a little good natured ribbing but nothing more serious than that. It's pretty relaxing.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Comedies/Action/[insert movie type here] with romance in them = Fine with me, no problem there.

Romantic movies that have some comedy to them = I'm really touch and go on it. I'm not a huge fan of romantic films, and I was almost stoned for my negative critique of The Notebook (which isn't comedic at all). If the comedy and story outside of the romance is good enough for me, it'll pass. Run Fatboy Run is a good example: clearly meant to be a romantic story the whole time, but still enough comedy and other bits going on to enjoy despite the romantic qualities.

Reality TV... Can't say I love it, I usually hate it, but have I ever watched it? Sure. It's a social thing mostly.. I watched Survivor with the 'rents so my mom could talk about the characters in it. Stuff like that. I've seen some of an episode of Jersey Shore, I was quickly not a fan. Any Real World sort of stuff is pretty boring to me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reality TV - Rarely

Romantic Comedies - Yes

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reality TV - Rarely

Romantic Comedies - Yes

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like romantic comedies for turning off my brain and just having a snuggly evening with a happy vibe. It's like drinking a cup of green tea in the evening after a long day. I tend to prefer a good fantasy though.

Reality Tv really depends on the show. I can enjoy Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares - though it does become a bit formulaic - while I cannot stand Big Brother. I also used to enjoy Project Runway, just to see what types of artistic clothes they'd come up with and learn about what the possibilities are when you are making clothes. It is fascinating to see what some will come up with. Temptation Island otoh...thats just like watching a train wreck :shock:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hate Reality TV with a purple passion.

RomComs don't generally satisfy -- they're generally just not engaging enough for me. They don't make me want to kick the tv in or stab something or write diatribes about how the world has gone to hell in a handbasket, though, like Reality TV does.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Romantic omedies are so emotionally unrealistic that I cannot suspend my disbelief for one second. I don't hate them, but it's more like they make me groan.

You know the saying about how in an insane world, sanity is taken for crazy and mocked? That's reality TV. Mad setups where only the mad can handle it. It's a traaap. A trap that mocks humanity and rewards coldness.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reality TV evokes a feeling in me (almost like a high, if you will) that I imagine is somewhat similar to what bulimics feel as they're gorging their faces with saturated fatty goodness during a binge cycle, yet it also leaves me with the accompanied self-loathing after effect of engaging decadent behavior that leaves me wanting to purge both physically and emotionally.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I watch one tv show, and it happens to be a reality show. Project Runway gets me because I love fashion, and I've always wanted to make clothes. I love watching people create beautiful garments from scratch! I also love Tim Gunn.

That said, the typical reality show drama bores me. I either zone out or fast forward during the dramatic scenes, and really wish they weren't in there to begin with. It kind of reminds me of Romans watching people fight in the Colosseum. Preeetty effed.

There are so many romantic comedies that are contrived and terrible, but I don't feel like I can say I hate them as a genre. Some of the old ones from the 30s and 40s are just lovely.
Ahh, we would be such good friends if we knew each other in real life! I enjoy fashion too.

Hmm, rom coms have always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm really not sure why as I'm a pretty sentimental person! I don't watch a whole lot of reality TV, but I've seen a few episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I couldn't keep up.

V

violaine

I absolutely love Survivor. I don't have a lot of time for teev, but I make time for that show. (Would love to be on it.) Not a rom com fan typically, but don't have a stance against them. I like a good movie regardless of the genre.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I absolutely love Survivor. I don't have a lot of time for teev, but I make time for that show. (Would love to be on it.) Not a rom com fan typically, but don't have a stance against them. I like a good movie regardless of the genre.

I recently watched survivor for the first time, and it accidentally sorta drew me in, but I thought it was really awesome.

Also, I might as well confess my biggest guilty pleasure...

I've religiously watched the last couple of seasons of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette, and like smoking, even though I know it's bad, I just can't seem to stop.

*ducks head and prepares to be pelted to death with fruit and rocks*

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't like either of them. Both of my parents do though. How/why is a mystery to me. Then again, my dad enjoyed Twilight, and my mom is an ESFJ, so...:shrug:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite live television shows are NBA basketball and sometimes FIFA soccer.

I know many people are drawn to the news, but I think they dramatize events too much and don't focus enough on the psychology.

I also don't really care to be bothered about something I have no control over, like the government.

I may or may not be enslaved in certain ways by being ignorant of political stuff, but if I'm indifferent to it, then maybe that's better than pounding across the jail cell like a frenzied gorrilla.

I bide my time and build up my amazing collection of knowledge until the time to strike is right, and then unleash the amazing revolutions upon the world!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate both, especially reality TV, something which I'd love to see banished forever. It's a scourge on mankind itself.

I'll need some examples of reality shows that are a scourge on mankind.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't care if it's shit, if you show me a romantic comedy I'll end up watching it and liking it. Even if the story is generic and boring and the acting is only half-decent, I'll still probably end up liking it. Why? I don't know really. Personal taste. :D I blame my mom. Just watching romances blossom and work out is just something I love to do, even if it is sappy as fuck. Eventually I stumble across some good ones like (500) Days of Summer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, etc from watching so many of them though. This Means War is currently one I'm loving right now because I love Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine is sexy as hell.

Reality TV is definitely not for me. I can't keep up with it and am usually uninterested in these people's lives. I do enjoy when it's centered around some sort of elimination game though. I love seeing who survives and who doesn't make it.