User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Reality TV evokes a feeling in me (almost like a high, if you will) that I imagine is somewhat similar to what bulimics feel as they're gorging their faces with saturated fatty goodness during a binge cycle, yet it also leaves me with the accompanied self-loathing after effect of engaging decadent behavior that leaves me wanting to purge both physically and emotionally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I watch one tv show, and it happens to be a reality show. Project Runway gets me because I love fashion, and I've always wanted to make clothes. I love watching people create beautiful garments from scratch! I also love Tim Gunn.

That said, the typical reality show drama bores me. I either zone out or fast forward during the dramatic scenes, and really wish they weren't in there to begin with. It kind of reminds me of Romans watching people fight in the Colosseum. Preeetty effed.

There are so many romantic comedies that are contrived and terrible, but I don't feel like I can say I hate them as a genre. Some of the old ones from the 30s and 40s are just lovely.
    Ahh, we would be such good friends if we knew each other in real life! I enjoy fashion too.

Hmm, rom coms have always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm really not sure why as I'm a pretty sentimental person! I don't watch a whole lot of reality TV, but I've seen a few episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I couldn't keep up.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

violaine

I absolutely love Survivor. I don't have a lot of time for teev, but I make time for that show. (Would love to be on it.) Not a rom com fan typically, but don't have a stance against them. I like a good movie regardless of the genre.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I absolutely love Survivor. I don't have a lot of time for teev, but I make time for that show. (Would love to be on it.) Not a rom com fan typically, but don't have a stance against them. I like a good movie regardless of the genre.
    I recently watched survivor for the first time, and it accidentally sorta drew me in, but I thought it was really awesome.

Also, I might as well confess my biggest guilty pleasure...

I've religiously watched the last couple of seasons of The Bachelor/The Bachelorette, and like smoking, even though I know it's bad, I just can't seem to stop.

*ducks head and prepares to be pelted to death with fruit and rocks*

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I don't like either of them. Both of my parents do though. How/why is a mystery to me. Then again, my dad enjoyed Twilight, and my mom is an ESFJ, so...
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

My favorite live television shows are NBA basketball and sometimes FIFA soccer.

I know many people are drawn to the news, but I think they dramatize events too much and don't focus enough on the psychology.

I also don't really care to be bothered about something I have no control over, like the government.

I may or may not be enslaved in certain ways by being ignorant of political stuff, but if I'm indifferent to it, then maybe that's better than pounding across the jail cell like a frenzied gorrilla.

I bide my time and build up my amazing collection of knowledge until the time to strike is right, and then unleash the amazing revolutions upon the world!

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by sorenx7 View Post
    I hate both, especially reality TV, something which I'd love to see banished forever. It's a scourge on mankind itself.
    I'll need some examples of reality shows that are a scourge on mankind.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    I love both, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    my fave reality is amazing race and survivor.*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't care if it's shit, if you show me a romantic comedy I'll end up watching it and liking it. Even if the story is generic and boring and the acting is only half-decent, I'll still probably end up liking it. Why? I don't know really. Personal taste. I blame my mom. Just watching romances blossom and work out is just something I love to do, even if it is sappy as fuck. Eventually I stumble across some good ones like (500) Days of Summer, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, etc from watching so many of them though. This Means War is currently one I'm loving right now because I love Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine is sexy as hell.

Reality TV is definitely not for me. I can't keep up with it and am usually uninterested in these people's lives. I do enjoy when it's centered around some sort of elimination game though. I love seeing who survives and who doesn't make it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so