MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Hannibal

Surprised there is no thread for this!

Anyway, I watched Entree last night (I'm a few episodes behind), and I was graced with not just one but TWO guest stars -- Eddie Izzard (srsly? Wow!) and .....drum roll... a woman who I didn't know would be in the episode but who I immediately recognized: my girl Anna Chlumsky. (See what I did there? )

Her face looks just like it did when she was twelve. She's just as beautiful as she has always been, and it's good to see her again on the screen. She had a real presence in front of the camera when young.

This show is just getting better and better, especially the more that I actively stop thinking about "silence of the lambs" and just accept the new spin on the characters. Which is the way it should be.

Although I have to say: Is the guy playing Chilton channeling the actor from that movie? it's kind of uncanny. They don't really look alike, but the vocal inflection and personality is SO much like the movie Chilton. Pretty cool.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

And now Ellen Greene! What a delight!

And Gillian Anderson???

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Does anyone even watch that?

Thread fail?
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    STFU

at first i thought it would be some hokey network drama, but as soon as i found out its mad mikkelsen playing hannibal, i got right on it.

its my favorite new show of the year. im also surprised there wasn't a thread.

will graham - infj ?
    hannibal lecter - intj ?
    laurence fishburn - ?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    at first i thought it would be some hokey network drama, but as soon as i found out its mad mikkelsen playing hannibal, i got right on it.

its my favorite new show of the year. im also surprised there wasn't a thread.

will graham - infj ?
    hannibal lecter - intj ?
    laurence fishburn - ?
    You should move typing characters into the Typing area of the forum, this thread is in Arts and Entertainment and not really meant to have typing arguments/discussions, it's more aimed at actual psychology if you care to do that.

It's definitely not hokey. it's more a matter of whether the explicit content and the darker edge of the characters can connect with a mainstream audience, versus a show like "The Following" AKA Serial Killer Hokum Lite.

I'm also loving that the show is set in Baltimore (which is where Lecter was waaaay back in Silence of the Lambs), since that's where I live.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

We've been watching Hannibal too and I'm really liking it. Firstly, I'm in love will Will. <3
    Also yes, the guest stars are awesome!

EDIT: Also The Following was a major disappointment. So much potential (and The Bacon!) but somehow so bad.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    We've been watching Hannibal too and I'm really liking it. Firstly, I'm in love will Will. <3
    he's really good, honestly. I'm excited -- the character was kind of a flop in the movies, and this is the first time I've connected with him at all... he might even be more interesting than in the Red Dragon title.

EDIT: Also The Following was a major disappointment. So much potential (and The Bacon!) but somehow so bad.
    Yeah.... I think Kevin Bacon is one of the reasons that series is still around, he's just so darn likeable even when he's not. And I don't feel like the show took itself so seriously and/or at least the pretension is kind of amusing; it's kind of the show that a bunch of high-schoolers with a video camera might record in their own back yard after assigning roles.

But its problems aren't really shared with Hannibal, which I consider to be of a higher-caliber effort and having some level of artistry not just in the writing but in the imagery and editing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Does anyone even watch that?

Thread fail?
    It has a devoted following and we really hope it will be picked up for another season. It's SO good. Really unlike anything else on the big 4 networks right now.

Gillian Anderson plays ice queen very well, don't you think @Jennifer?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, you know who else I love? Scott Effing Thompson (of Kids in the Hall fame). He is so great and it looks like they might let him be a little sassy here. But not too sassy. It's neat to see him play reined-in when I'm used to seeing him as Buddy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But its problems aren't really shared with Hannibal, which I consider to be of a higher-caliber effort and having some level of artistry not just in the writing but in the imagery and editing.
    Yeah, it is really beautifully shot-- the colors, the camera angles, and the sets are all really striking.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/