.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Default EPIC

I have a bad feeling about this movie -- namely that it's an animated picture that I haven't really seen any recent promo material for (trailers, etc.), it's all from about six months ago, and it's supposed to release this weekend.

Epic fail, maybe. Anyone heard anything?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I've read stuff about it but I agree there's not a lot out there about it.

I figure it's more of a B-grade animated film. OTOH it could just be a smaller budget film that can't afford the same level of marketing as the big films.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Is this the one with Aziz Ansari as a snail? I remember hearing about it ages ago and thinking it sounded cute. But I assumed it had come and gone.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Epic movie information with trailer here.

I'm DEFINITELY going to see it. Comes out in theatres May 24.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Really? I see and hear of of it enough to not want to see it in the Regal Cinemas promos. It's a Blue Sky movie (FOX's animated feature studio), so it probably won't be good.

I will be seeing Fast & Furious 6 on May 24th instead, because it has a 470hp, 6.4L HEMI V8 Dodge Charger SRT8 crashing through an exploding cargo jet.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I definitely will NOT be going to see Fast and Furious 1-100.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Is this the one with Aziz Ansari as a snail? I remember hearing about it ages ago and thinking it sounded cute. But I assumed it had come and gone.
    No, i think that one is called Turbo and I don't think it came out yet, but I've seen posters for it in the theater.

Epic looks like a bunch of little fairy people riding bugs and little animals around in the woods, defending the forests from the bad guys, after some girl gets' shrunk to mini-me size.

I just think it's a lousy sign when you don't see trailers for it the week before it opens, nor on TV either. No reviews are up yet on Rotten Tomatoes, which means it hasn't been prescreened either.... yet another "uhhh not good" sign.

LOL... the poster (which looks French?) here looks more exciting than the trailers I saw last fall.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was mistaken- he's a slug, not a snail, but Aziz is in Epic. Which means I kinda want to see it now. I think he's hilarious.

The snail movie is Turbo and Ryan Reynolds is the voice of the main snail.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    No, i think that one is called Turbo and I don't think it came out yet, but I've seen posters for it in the theater.

Epic looks like a bunch of little fairy people riding bugs and little animals around in the woods, defending the forests from the bad guys, after some girl gets' shrunk to mini-me size.

I just think it's a lousy sign when you don't see trailers for it the week before it opens, nor on TV either. No reviews are up yet on Rotten Tomatoes, which means it hasn't been prescreened either.... yet another "uhhh not good" sign.

LOL... the poster (which looks French?) here looks more exciting than the trailers I saw last fall.
    So far has 100% on RT.

A lot of movies get ratings earlier because they're screened and released in England like a month before. Maybe Epic wasn't.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    So far has 100% on RT.

A lot of movies get ratings earlier because they're screened and released in England like a month before. Maybe Epic wasn't.
    Okay, it's 8 for 8. It had no ratings on Sun/Mon.
    Well, that's nice, at least. it seems such a horrible waste for the work of so many people over a two year (or longer) period to turn out so poorly.

The reviews seem to agree that it is technically decent and has some charm, which helps compensate enough for the poor/unoriginal script. i.e., nice popcorn movie for your 6-10 year olds.