• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EPIC

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a bad feeling about this movie -- namely that it's an animated picture that I haven't really seen any recent promo material for (trailers, etc.), it's all from about six months ago, and it's supposed to release this weekend.

Epic fail, maybe. Anyone heard anything?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've read stuff about it but I agree there's not a lot out there about it.

I figure it's more of a B-grade animated film. OTOH it could just be a smaller budget film that can't afford the same level of marketing as the big films. :shrug:

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is this the one with Aziz Ansari as a snail? I remember hearing about it ages ago and thinking it sounded cute. But I assumed it had come and gone.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? I see and hear of of it enough to not want to see it in the Regal Cinemas promos. It's a Blue Sky movie (FOX's animated feature studio), so it probably won't be good.

I will be seeing Fast & Furious 6 on May 24th instead, because it has a 470hp, 6.4L HEMI V8 Dodge Charger SRT8 crashing through an exploding cargo jet.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I definitely will NOT be going to see Fast and Furious 1-100.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this the one with Aziz Ansari as a snail? I remember hearing about it ages ago and thinking it sounded cute. But I assumed it had come and gone.

No, i think that one is called Turbo and I don't think it came out yet, but I've seen posters for it in the theater.

Epic looks like a bunch of little fairy people riding bugs and little animals around in the woods, defending the forests from the bad guys, after some girl gets' shrunk to mini-me size.

I just think it's a lousy sign when you don't see trailers for it the week before it opens, nor on TV either. No reviews are up yet on Rotten Tomatoes, which means it hasn't been prescreened either.... yet another "uhhh not good" sign.

epic_ver9_xxlg.jpg

LOL... the poster (which looks French?) here looks more exciting than the trailers I saw last fall.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was mistaken- he's a slug, not a snail, but Aziz is in Epic. Which means I kinda want to see it now. I think he's hilarious.

The snail movie is Turbo and Ryan Reynolds is the voice of the main snail.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, i think that one is called Turbo and I don't think it came out yet, but I've seen posters for it in the theater.

Epic looks like a bunch of little fairy people riding bugs and little animals around in the woods, defending the forests from the bad guys, after some girl gets' shrunk to mini-me size.

I just think it's a lousy sign when you don't see trailers for it the week before it opens, nor on TV either. No reviews are up yet on Rotten Tomatoes, which means it hasn't been prescreened either.... yet another "uhhh not good" sign.

epic_ver9_xxlg.jpg

LOL... the poster (which looks French?) here looks more exciting than the trailers I saw last fall.

So far has 100% on RT.

A lot of movies get ratings earlier because they're screened and released in England like a month before. Maybe Epic wasn't.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So far has 100% on RT.

A lot of movies get ratings earlier because they're screened and released in England like a month before. Maybe Epic wasn't.

Okay, it's 8 for 8. It had no ratings on Sun/Mon.
Well, that's nice, at least. it seems such a horrible waste for the work of so many people over a two year (or longer) period to turn out so poorly.

The reviews seem to agree that it is technically decent and has some charm, which helps compensate enough for the poor/unoriginal script. i.e., nice popcorn movie for your 6-10 year olds.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoa... Epic is hardly "epic" anymore on RT... rating has dropped to "barely passable" at 62%.