• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The first self-saving Disney Princess gets a sexier, more feminine make-over.

F

FigerPuppet

Um, all of the princesses are sexualized and feminized?

I thought also that the African American young lady in the Frog Prince was pretty self-sufficient, I don't recall anyone saving her, and thinking she was also probably an ESTJ, as well as being attracted to losers (that frog was a loser).

You reminded me of this article.

But by far the most common reason seems to be that black women still regard intermarriage as tantamount to betraying the race. “My black heart,” says one black woman as she contemplates marrying out, “I would need to turn it in.” “We know it's a struggle,” says another, “but we women got to stand by the black man. If we don't, who will?”

Disney is in on this. The article explains why some women feel they have to marry a certain kind of guy - the Disney movie explains what these women hope will happen: The frog turning into a beautiful prince. SAVIOUR COMPLEX.

GcLbeiq.gif

Lark

K. from now on I'm going to think of you as THE self-saving disney princess, that is so awesome a tag line to have.

gromit

likes this
I finally saw this movie tonight. So very heartwarming. Too bad they have to change her for marketing or whatever the reason is.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
K. from now on I'm going to think of you as THE self-saving disney princess, that is so awesome a tag line to have.

:laugh: Thanks man! :hifive:

I finally saw this movie tonight. So very heartwarming. Too bad they have to change her for marketing or whatever the reason is.

Yeah I actually really enjoyed the movie (I saw it at a dollar cinema near my house.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What people remember is the movie, because that's where the real memorable fantasy takes place, not so much stuff that happens afterwards with the characters.

Little_Sticks

What is it about her having a feminine Disney appearance that destroys the image of her character's tomboyish/masculine personality? Why can't there be both?

Is it the Disney stereotype that people have a problem with or that having such femininity somehow contradicts a tomboyish personality?

(I haven't seen the movie btw)