User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Star Trek Into Darkness

This movie was released today in my country and it sucked ass. Absolutely awful.

Just kidding. I enjoyed it, much darker than the original but still an entertaining piece. The 3D experience was fun as well.

I'm tempted to just paste every single plot spoiler into this post as I know that most of the world is yet to see it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    This movie was released today in my country and it sucked ass. Absolutely awful.

Just kidding. I enjoyed it, much darker than the original but still an entertaining piece. The 3D experience was fun as well.

I'm tempted to just paste every single plot spoiler into this post as I know that most of the world is yet to see it.
    I will beam you through the shields if you try that.

This was amusing, though:

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Very well, I shall ruin the movie over at IMDb and perhaps leave a giant turd spoiler for the guys at work tomorrow instead. Thank you Jennifer for making me see the light, I don't want to die from explosive decompression just yet.

I also chuckled at the video.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I will beam you through the shields if you try that.

This was amusing, though:

I dislike car adverts, but that was indeed amusing. Although I was caught out by Leonard Nimoy when I first saw him, I thought he had melted, then I remembered he is 82. I'm never really sure what the 'standard appearance' is supposed to be for someone in their 80's, I suppose there are archetypes of course, but it is by nature a subjective judgement.

Given that, he looked pretty good.

Of course i'm joking, because standard appearance is a ridiculous idea.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I dislike car adverts, but that was indeed amusing. Although I was caught out by Leonard Nimoy when I first saw him, I thought he had melted, then I remembered he is 82. I'm never really sure what the 'standard appearance' is supposed to be for someone in their 80's, I suppose there are archetypes of course, but it is by nature a subjective judgement.

Given that, he looked pretty good.

Of course i'm joking, because standard appearance is a ridiculous idea.
    I think the standard image for an 80-something is: White hair, vacant expression, slow walk, face which resembles a testacle sack, piss stain on clothes etc.

My nan has none of these save the white hair and the testacle-sack wrinkles. I'm starting to worry she's going to live forever.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    He's definitely looking a little different. The first show I saw him on was Star Trek, and then In Search Of, and I was kind of surprised to see him now... but I think it's awesome he's so actively involved in things instead of disappearing from public life. Same thing with George Takei, who is also extremely active not just on FB and in Trek stuff but also as a spokesperson for SSA.

It's also cool that Quinto and Nimoy are good friends.

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/zachary...193000705.html

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Very well, I shall ruin the movie over at IMDb and perhaps leave a giant turd spoiler for the guys at work tomorrow instead.
    They're snotty little SOBs over there, I think they deserve a good spoiler in the online forums!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

Re: car advert...
    lol! Bilbo Baggins!
    It's the nose. Nemoy's face actually doesn't look bad except for the nose. Noses get huge and droopy with age. It's distracting.
    /thread derail
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Prepare to get Khan'ed.

Riva

Hilarious and cool ad but way too long.